Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Status of Paypal Paid Members result in Registered Unpaid

• JerryK132
  • JerryK132
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #319590 by JerryK132
Since 9th July, CB has been showing all the new paid subscribers as registered unpaid. Paypal is receiving and showing their payments so I suppose it's something related to CB even though we haven't applied any changes.
Also, all the "Low Income Confirmed" members are not getting automatically assigned to our "FNF members" group all of a sudden.
I have already assigned Krileon to the super-user group if he wants to have a look.
Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

Luca

Also Pmt Basket IDs are blank, despite PayPal acknowledging receipt of the pmts!

We have discovered that the problem resulted from our changing the PayPal notification email without realising that it would affect our gateway operation. This has been reset to it original value. Unfortunately we have updated those new users who were affected, and they have no pmt basket IDs even though we've fixed the expiry date, payment pending, groups etc. Anything else we should do to correct the problem for those users and for renewing users who we have not yet fixed?
Thanks
J
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by JerryK132. Reason: Further info!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 3 months ago #319592 by krileon
Are there any notifications within CBSubs > Notifications for those payments? Are you using PayPal standard, advanced, or pro?

I have already assigned Krileon to the super-user group if he wants to have a look.

Any test accounts provided to us should be deleted. I do not keep track of previously provided credentials.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• JerryK132
  • JerryK132
4 years 3 months ago #319596 by JerryK132
ID PM'ed
J

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 3 months ago #319601 by krileon
Please do not PM credentials unless we directly request for them.

We have discovered that the problem resulted from our changing the PayPal notification email without realising that it would affect our gateway operation.

You didn't change the notification email. You changed the gateway "PayPal Main receiver account (email) (if Business is different from your main account)" parameter to something that wasn't valid and caused a mismatch error. That parameter does not have anything to do with notifications and should always be set to the email address marked as primary on the PayPal account.

Unfortunately we have updated those new users who were affected, and they have no pmt basket IDs even though we've fixed the expiry date, payment pending, groups etc. Anything else we should do to correct the problem for those users and for renewing users who we have not yet fixed?

You can try resending the IPNs from within your PayPal account to see if it will pay the subscription otherwise you'll have to pay their basket manually (if basket still exists and Pay button is available) within CBSubs > Baskets or give them a subscription manually by editing them in CB > User Management.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• JerryK132
  • JerryK132
4 years 3 months ago #319608 by JerryK132
Thanks, yes, exactly.

Re the baskets, if there are no baskets at all for a renewal, then I guess re-sending IPN is a no-go?

Logically, we would just redo the renewal manually and insert the payment as manual, specifying the payment ref, but I imagine this only works with non-recurring pmts. If we do a manual renewal for someone whose paypal pmts are auto-recurring, will the next renewal still take place automatically?

J

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 3 months ago #319610 by krileon

Re the baskets, if there are no baskets at all for a renewal, then I guess re-sending IPN is a no-go?

Correct.

If we do a manual renewal for someone whose paypal pmts are auto-recurring, will the next renewal still take place automatically?

No, since the basket for the auto recurring payment is now gone. You'll need to cancel the auto recurring profile at PayPal and refund them. They can then resubscribe. Fixing this manually isn't really an option now since the basket is gone. The only way to manually fix it would be to recreate the basket somehow then change its ID manually in the database anywhere it is reference to match that of the recurring profile, which isn't realistic to do. Please be careful in the future when making changes to gateways.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: JerryK132

Moderators: beatnantkrileon