Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Cb_conditional: display some items of a field

• glenanPL
  • glenanPL
4 years 3 months ago #319645 by glenanPL
Hello,
In older versions of community builder it was possible to display only some items of a field depending on the choices on another field with cb_conditional.
I don't find this feature anymore in the new version.
Bad installation or loss of functionality of cb_conditional ?
Thank you for your answers
PL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 3 months ago #319654 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Cb_conditional: display some items of a field
It's not possible to condition dropdown options anymore. It was unfortunately just too unreliable. The best way to have this functionality now is to use a CB Code Field or CB Query Field then add your conditions into your PHP or SQL that are responsible for outputting the options. You can then have it dynamically update its available options based off a field changing by using the Update On functionality in CB Core Fields Ajax, which will refresh its edit display based off whatever fields you selected having their values changed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: glenanPL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon