Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Mobile version of my website does not pass the "Core Web Vitals" - What to do?

4 years 2 months ago #319777 by erichburkhard
Hi, at the moment I am using the following website context:

PHP 7.3
Joomla 3.9.20
CB 2.4.5
CBSubs: 4.4.x

I have installed a tool that (should) enable me to improve the website speed of my website. The tool itself reports the performance of the website on the basis of the so called "Core Web Vitals" (by Google). As follows I show you the report (see attachment) for the german part (de) of my website and for a mobile context (the desktop speed seems to be OK).Because I am not the expert in these things I have the following questions:What is your advise if you roughly overview the attached performance report:- Are there performance issues which have to be fixed by the hoster?- Are there performance issues which I can fix? How can I do this? ...regards

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 2 months ago #319780 by krileon
We don't provide performance reviews here unless there's a specific performance problem you're seeing in something CB as that could be a bug. Most server side performance issues are due to SQL. Client side performance problems are usually due to JS. You don't need anything installed to do client side performance reports as it's built into Chrome (Lighthouse tool) and Firefox under their developer tools (press F12). Server side performance reports can be done with Joomlas built in debug tools and reviewing query timing at the bottom of the page. This is something every site will have to deal with at some point.

As for your site I don't see any performance issues aside from Google Analytics being pretty slow. Your home page has a 1 second load time. What exactly are your performance concerns?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon