Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Language override list in backend (plugin)

• ericmuc
  • ericmuc
  • Add-ons
4 years 2 weeks ago #320850 by ericmuc
Hi,
I am using at the moment the possibility to add new language strings in the backend in the language plugin (not with ftp on file level).

Therefore I would be very happy, if new entries will be added at the top. My list grows and everytime I want to add a new entry I have to scroll down and down and down ...

May be this can be considered sometime.

Thanks a lot, best regards
Eric

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 2 weeks ago - 4 years 2 weeks ago #320859 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Language override list in backend (plugin)
Inserting at the top means it has to recalculate all of the input ids and input names of every row below it. It basically means that'd make adding a new row extremely slow. It'll be redesigned eventually with database stored overrides that compile to a file in a later release which will allow for proper table of overrides (basically be similar to Joomlas overrides display) and solves that problem, but for now the list is just built exclusively from what's in the overrides file and uses our Repeat usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 4 years 2 weeks ago by krileon.

• ericmuc
  • ericmuc
  • Add-ons
4 years 2 weeks ago #320869 by ericmuc
Replied by ericmuc on topic Language override list in backend (plugin)
OK, thanks, understand

Moderators: beatnantkrileon