Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Function "Conditions" in ajax edit

• ericmuc
  • ericmuc
  • Add-ons
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #321151 by ericmuc
Function "Conditions" in ajax edit was created by ericmuc
Hi Kyle,

Thanks for your answer in pm regarding profile splitting (what is not available). You ask me to add a post to the topic below.

1)
You wrote:

Ajax edit won't work unless the user has edit permissions for that field. If you hide the tab using CB Conditional they no longer have edit permissions for that fields.

I tried to set a tab with conditions to location view only in profile view and hided it in this way in profile edit. But with this the ajax edit is not available anymore in the profile view.

Is there a way to enable this in the future?

2)
And let me add a second topic: you suggest not to use "required" for fields but to use conditions chains to assure that the user fills in appropriate data.

Unfortunately I need group fields for multiplying data sets (field groups) and here it would be great to can use conditions also. I know that the fields in the group field are not real fields, but perhaps it is in spite of that possible to have conditional behavior in this "fields".

Thanks for your good support and I read your blog entry about the future of CB and I am excited to get to know the planned improvements / extensions of CB in the future.

Best regards
Eric
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by ericmuc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 11 months ago #321155 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Function "Conditions" in ajax edit

I tried to set a tab with conditions to location view only in profile view and hided it in this way in profile edit. But with this the ajax edit is not available anymore in the profile view.

You've conditioned the tab out of profile view. This means CB Core Fields Ajax has nothing to display for toggling ajax editing. In this case it would be best to add to your conditions so the profile owner can always see the tab in profile view, which would allow your ajax editing to work fine.

Unfortunately I need group fields for multiplying data sets (field groups) and here it would be great to can use conditions also. I know that the fields in the group field are not real fields, but perhaps it is in spite of that possible to have conditional behavior in this "fields".

I suggest conditioning the entire field group field in that case. Yes, conditions inside of field groups are planned in a future release. Ajax editing and privacy controls inside of field groups is also planned for a future release. I don't have a timeframe for this though since these fields don't actually exist it's not a simple fix. The Update On functionality of CB Core Fields Ajax however does work on fields inside of field groups and that was a first step to see how this could be implemented.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon