Skip to Content Skip to Menu

User Approval by Moderator before payment issues

• boyjahq
  • boyjahq
3 years 11 months ago #321175 by boyjahq
I have a subscription that is set in Registration CB workflows so that User Approval by Moderator is set to Yes, Before Payment. However, if a person registers and then they login, they are taken to the payment page where they are allowed to pay, even though their account is not yet Approved, Confirmed or Enabled. Is there some way to avoid this? We don't want them to be able to pay until we have approved offline documents and approved the account through the CB Moderate User Approvals mechanism.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 11 months ago #321177 by krileon
Are you also using email confirmation? If so be sure both "User Email Confirmation" and "User Approval by Moderator" are set to "Yes, before payment (override CB)".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• boyjahq
  • boyjahq
3 years 11 months ago #321179 by boyjahq
Both are set to Yes

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 11 months ago #321180 by krileon
Strange, seams to work fine in my tests. The following is what I receive when attempting to login.

Login Before Confirmed:
Code:
Your sign up process is not yet complete! Please check again your email for further instructions that have just been resent. If you don't find the email, check your spam-box. Make sure that your email account options are not set to immediately delete spam. If that was the case, just try logging in again to receive a new instructions email.

After Confirmation:
Code:
Thank you for confirming your Email Address. Your account requires approval by a moderator. You will receive an email with the outcome of the review.

Login After Confirmed Before Approved:
Code:
Your account has not yet been approved!

Login After Approved: normal behavior of then asking for payment

Please try a test registration on your site and describe the flow that's happening for you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• boyjahq
  • boyjahq
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #321184 by boyjahq
I have 2 plans
Both require email confirmation prior to payment
One requires moderator approval and one does not
Both plans have "Prepare content using CMS Content plugins" set to Yes under the Presentation tab

I can do initial registration for either plan and I see the message on screen telling me to confirm email and I receive the correct email necessary for that.

For either plan, prior to confirmation:

In CBSubs Subscription window it shows the status of the plan as Registered Unpaid (status = R in the cbsubs_subscriptions table) and Expiration Date is empty (expiry_date is NULL in the cbsubs_subscriptions table)

In Community Builder: User Management it shows Confirmed as a yellow clock icon (confirmed = 0 in comprofiler table)

For the plan not requiring approval, it shows a green checkmark icon (confirmed = 1 in comprofiler table) and for the plan requiring approval it also shows a yellow clock icon (confirmed = 0 and approved = 0 in comprofiler table). See attached image

In both cases, however, if I login prior to confirming my email address, I am taken to a page that shows my membership as being expired with a button to Pay Now.

And if I click the Pay Now button, I am able to pay. Status of Confirmed and Approved does not change (everything is still the same as the first image above), but the subscription now has an expiration date and is shown as Active in CBSubs Subscriptions.

After that, when I try to login I am shown the error message that my sign up process is not yet complete, as you indicated in your previous post.
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by boyjahq.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 11 months ago #321190 by krileon

Both require email confirmation prior to payment
One requires moderator approval and one does not

Please be absolutely sure under the Workflows tab that if confirmation is used it is set to before payment and if approval is used that it is set to before payment as well.

In CBSubs Subscription window it shows the status of the plan as Registered Unpaid (status = R in the cbsubs_subscriptions table) and Expiration Date is empty (expiry_date is NULL in the cbsubs_subscriptions table)

That's the correct status. So that seams fine.

In Community Builder: User Management it shows Confirmed as a yellow clock icon (confirmed = 0 in comprofiler table)

This is also correct.

For the plan not requiring approval, it shows a green checkmark icon (confirmed = 1 in comprofiler table) and for the plan requiring approval it also shows a yellow clock icon (confirmed = 0 and approved = 0 in comprofiler table). See attached image

That appears to be correct as well.

In both cases, however, if I login prior to confirming my email address, I am taken to a page that shows my membership as being expired with a button to Pay Now.

Are you logging in using CB Login Module or are you logging in by some other means? Only CB Login Module is supported. Other logins will bypass our triggers, which CBSubs uses to block the login attempt.

Within CBSubs > Settings > Global be sure "Show subscription plans at registration" is set to Yes and if you require a subscription to at least 1 plan then be sure "Allow Free Registered Users (without subscriptions)" is set to No.

I can't see any other reason for this. The 2 parameters under the Workflows tab and those 2 parameters in CBSubs configuration pretty much exclusively control this functionality, which works fine in all of my tests. I can take a look if you PM backend super user login credentials if still not working after verifying the above configuration.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon