Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Translation of CB mails

• Aless76
  • Aless76
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #321291 by Aless76
[SOLVED] Translation of CB mails was created by Aless76
Dear Joomlapolis staff,

I'm translating the CB website using override system (english backend interface to avoid any problem).
"Search strings" works well but I'm not able to find text of the mails users receive when a new article is published (I use CB Articles plugin).
Actually the mail user receives is like this:

New Article

A new Article has been submitted by 'XXXXXXXXX' entitled 'XXXXXXXXXX'.

Please log in to 'XXXXXXXXX' to read your message.

I tried with CB language override system, with CBSUBS system and with Joomla language override system, but I found nothing. :-(
I manually searched language files inside FTP but nothing... Do you know how I can translate such texts?

As always thanks in advance for the help.

Aless76
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Aless76.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #321302 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Translation of CB mails
CB has no such notification. That's being sent by Joomla so you'll need to use Joomlas language overrides to translate it. It appears to be the following Joomla language string.

Key: COM_CONTENT_ON_NEW_CONTENT
Text:
Code:
A new Article has been submitted by '%1$s' entitled '%2$s'.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by krileon.

• Aless76
  • Aless76
3 years 11 months ago #321344 by Aless76
Replied by Aless76 on topic Translation of CB mails
Thanks Krileon,

I found the key in the Site side (I precedently have searched in Administration side with no luck)... And actually I found something strange (maybe a bug) in Joomla: whatever language I use in Site side... If I have the control panel (administration side) in english... I will receive messages in english... :-/
So now I will maintain my language in both site and administration, but when I have to deal with CB language overrides I will switch to english... :-)

Thanks as always for the precious support!

Aless76.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon