group field delete

• ericmuc
  • ericmuc
  • Add-ons
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #321297 by ericmuc
group field delete was created by ericmuc
Hi,
I have some field groups and following situation:

1) in ajax editing profile a new user has no entry in a field group, the tab is empty and therefore not shown in profile for others
2) if the user starts in ajax editing profile a field group, but decide to don't want one afterwards, the empty field group is shown and the tab is not empty anymore

I need a possibility for the user to delete the field group entirely to have the situation from the beginning and the tab is not shown again.

How can I achieve this?

Can I add a yes/no switcher field above and link no with an auto action for deleting the field group values to get it empty again or is there a better way?

Thanks, best regards
Eric
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by ericmuc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 11 months ago #321303 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic group field delete
Don't understand what you mean. They can click Cancel to abort editing the fields in ajax editing. Field group fields will suppress displaying empty fields if "Show Empty Fields" is set to "No" in CB > Configuration > User Profile or if you override this on a field group field basis with "Display Empty Fields" under Parameters > Display of your field group field. If they've added values to some of the fields and want it empty again they'll need to empty them as they would any other field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ericmuc

• ericmuc
  • ericmuc
  • Add-ons
3 years 11 months ago #321304 by ericmuc
Replied by ericmuc on topic group field delete
Hi,
Thanks.

I ment if a user add data and save and afterwards he deletes all input again, then I have an empty data set shown in the profile. Reason could be: I have added a hidden field for calculation of date difference, that value remains and therefore the whole data set is not empty anymore.

I have fixed this with substitutions in the Custom Display Rows now.

Thank you for your answer, best regards
Eric

Moderators: beatnantkrileon