Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Conditional doesn't display correctly in admin panel after updates

• Aless76
  • Aless76
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #321349 by Aless76
Dear Joomlapolis staff,

I'd like to report a strange thing (by chance a bug) I discovered after the last CB update (2.4.5 -> 2.4.6) and Joomla updates.
I'm now on latest CB 2.4.6 with Joomla (3.9.22) and PHP 7.4.10.
At the beginning I was with Joomla 3.9.17 and CB 2.4.5.

I installed Joomla, CB and CB Conditional plugin.
I configured several conditions in the admin panel ("field conditional show" and "field conditional hide").
I moved to latest CB (2.4.6) and Joomla (3.9.22).
Everything was working fine but I needed some change to conditions so I got into CB Conditional panel of one field.
I checked CB conditional tab and I noticed that while the "field conditional show/hide" disply was activated, Conditions (field) was blank (and consequently "operator", "value", "translate value" were hidden.
As I selected the right field in the "Conditions field", everything got back to the right place ("operator", "value", "translate value").
This happened for all my fields with CB Conditional activated.

I attached the "Before.jpg" showing as It was before the update and as It was expected to be after, and "After.jpg" showing how it looks like as I open the CB Conditional tab.

Even if everything is working fine, it looks like the CB Conditional panel doesn't read the settings (made with old CB)...

I hope I explained the "bug" and helped the developers.

Aless76
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Aless76.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Aless76
  • Aless76
3 years 11 months ago #321351 by Aless76
UPDATE:

After the update I renamed the field monitored by Cb Conditional from "cb_profile" to "cb_profile_register" (but same id)... So by chance the problem can be caused by the system that didn't update the field name...

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #321361 by krileon
If you rename a field you will need to adjust any configuration that depends on the old field name to the new field name. CB will not update all your configuration for you. Some parameters use field id, but in the case of CB Conditional it uses field name.

Also please be sure in the future to post to the Developer support forums as you're an active Developer subscriber. Do not post in the community forum as that's for free users to help free users. Posting there significantly reduces your support response time.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by krileon.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon