Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Activity - assets

• ericmuc
  • ericmuc
  • Add-ons
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #321712 by ericmuc
Activity - assets was created by ericmuc
Hi,

I installed the plugin activities and have a question to assets, because as I understand herewith the stream can be configured basically.

I don't understand all the different possibilities and could not find a documentation hereto.

Could you please explain, what is the usage of (list of the help text):
following
following.only
connections
connections.only
self
self.connections
self.connections.only
self.following
self.followingonly
user
user.connections (what is the difference to connections?)
user ....
displayed.connections (whar is the difference to connections?)
displayed ...

This combination I found: "user.connections,following", what is suggested for using in which cases?

Thanks, best regards
Eric
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by ericmuc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 10 months ago #321734 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Activity - assets
The assets are basically self explanatory.

following = include activity you are following
following.only = only include the activity you are following
connections = include your connections activity
connections.only = only include your connections activity
self = include your activity
self.connections = include your activity and your connections activity
self.connections.only = only include your activity
self.following = include your activity and your following activity
self.following.only = only include your following activity.

self = viewing user
user = displayed OR viewing user
displayed = displayed user

This combination I found: "user.connections,following", what is suggested for using in which cases?

Suggestion is to not touch asset unless you specifically need a custom activity stream. Vast majority of users will just be using profile activity and for that case just leave it empty. I do not and have no plans to provide a giant list of all the possible usecases as they're effectively unlimited, sorry.

For example lets make up a scenario. You've a 3rd party Joomla extension that provides an event calendar. You want an activity stream for that event calendar. You could have an asset of events.EVENT_ID for a stream specific to that event id.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ericmuc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon