Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Kunena forum in group

• ericmuc
  • ericmuc
  • Add-ons
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #321722 by ericmuc
Kunena forum in group was created by ericmuc
Hi,

I installed groups and also Kunena to use in groups.

It works basically, but I have a bad gui.
1) I post a new forum post in the group
2) I get back to the group and have an entry in the forum tab in the group
3) now I click on the post link and be in the forum and cannot go back to the group

With events the gui is very good. The user remains in the group.

Is there a way to stay in the group like at events to create a post in the group forum?

(I found a setting "backlink", but with no effect)

Thanks, best regards
Eric

Addendum: in the past I remember using CB with fireboard or simpleboard and Groups and that was nice fitting and better gui, wasn't it? I read somewhere in the forum that you prefer to have own plugins and so my question, is there an own little forum plugin panned by CB?
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by ericmuc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 10 months ago #321735 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Kunena forum in group

Is there a way to stay in the group like at events to create a post in the group forum?

No, we don't provide forums. That's entirely provided by Kunena. So they need to leave the group to go to Kunena. There isn't a reason for them to flip/flop back and forth though. They should be able to browse the forums for the group entirely in Kunena.

(I found a setting "backlink", but with no effect)

The back link is currently broken. Kunena changed the trigger it depended on and have yet to find a suitable replacement so there's not currently a way for me to output a back link. Below ticket explains this further.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8008

in the past I remember using CB with fireboard or simpleboard and Groups and that was nice fitting and better gui, wasn't it?

Nope, worked the same way it currently works now. Just linked to the external forums.

I read somewhere in the forum that you prefer to have own plugins and so my question, is there an own little forum plugin panned by CB?

Yup, we're planning our own forums implementation. I do not have a time frame for it though. Current idea is a Discussions API for CB Activity.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• ericmuc
  • ericmuc
  • Add-ons
3 years 10 months ago #321755 by ericmuc
Replied by ericmuc on topic Kunena forum in group
Hi,
Code:
[quote](I found a setting "backlink", but with no effect)[/quote] The back link is currently broken. Kunena changed the trigger it depended on and have yet to find a suitable replacement so there's not currently a way for me to output a back link. Below ticket explains this further. https://forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8008

OK, good to know. Please let me say that by this the usage of the forum in groups is not a good experience for the users, because they have to go back by browser or start again by accessing groups and clicking trough to the right group and the right tab ...

I decided to use Kunena because I need discussions in the groups (the Wall without search is not suitable), so I will wait on a solution regarding the back-button.

Thanks for your support, best regards
Eric

Moderators: beatnantkrileon