Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB GroupJive Wall

• ericmuc
  • ericmuc
  • Add-ons
3 years 10 months ago #321730 by ericmuc
CB GroupJive Wall was created by ericmuc
Hi,

Is it possible to get a search function within the CB GroupJive Wall? What do you think?

Thanks, best regards
Eric

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 10 months ago #321737 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB GroupJive Wall
Nope, CB GroupJive Wall is feature complete and frozen. It will only recieve bug fixes. Same for CB GroupJive Files, CB GroupJive Videos, and CB GroupJive Photos. They are all being replaced officially by CB Gallery and CB Activity integrations once those integrations are moved out of CB Auto Actions and into their respective plugins. CB Activity streams will eventually have an optional searching feature as part of its Filters feature, which would cover what you're asking for.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ericmuc

• ericmuc
  • ericmuc
  • Add-ons
3 years 10 months ago #321754 by ericmuc
Replied by ericmuc on topic CB GroupJive Wall
Hi,
OK, I understand. That is ok.

I only ask this with the search function, because with this I could decide whether I take this Wall for discussion in the group, without using the Kunena forum (without back-button etc.). But so I cannot use it because with having too many posts without search info cannot be find easily.

Thanks, best regards
Eric

• ericmuc
  • ericmuc
  • Add-ons
3 years 10 months ago #321781 by ericmuc
Hi,

I come back hereto with a question:

I changed the wall with activities regarding www.joomlapolis.com/forum/159-wishlist/239131-activity-and-groupjive?start=6 already.

So a search function here would be really nice to have.

Can you say approximately when such developments will be ready for us users?

Thanks, best regards
Eric

• ericmuc
  • ericmuc
  • Add-ons
3 years 10 months ago #321786 by ericmuc
Hi,

Ok, now I see that so many things can be set in the system auto actions. Together with the fields for having the choice for the user over the notifications into the activity stream, great. This will be much work but it is fantastic to have the possibilities.

My question hereto is the same as above: shall I invest now the time to build up this all with the current code (foto, video, files) or shall I wait and have now a more simple solution and set this all with the new groups and gallery plugin?

If this will come somehow during 2021 I could wait on it and keep the things simple now in this part.

Thanks, best regards
Eric

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 10 months ago #321793 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB GroupJive Wall

So a search function here would be really nice to have.

A search feature is planned for the Filtering functionality of activity streams.

Can you say approximately when such developments will be ready for us users?

No, we do not provide timelines here.

My question hereto is the same as above: shall I invest now the time to build up this all with the current code (foto, video, files) or shall I wait and have now a more simple solution and set this all with the new groups and gallery plugin?

That's entirely up to you. There will be migration for CB GroupJive Wall to CB Activity and CB GroupJive Photos, CB GroupJive Files, CB GroupJive Videos to CB Gallery when those integrations are removed from CB GroupJive.

If this will come somehow during 2021 I could wait on it and keep the things simple now in this part.

Next years primary focus will be pushing to CB 3.0 where we will be rewriting basically all of core CB and implementing Symfony components so we can provide better features throughout CB and our plugins. We likely will not be doing massive features like this during CB 3.0 development, but things change so I can't really say for sure.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ericmuc

Moderators: beatnantkrileon