Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Language overrides not adding or saving properly

• boyjahq
  • boyjahq
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #321763 by boyjahq
Recently when I try to add a language override, it is not working properly.

For example, if I search for a string and find it, I click it but it does not add to the list as a modifiable item as it previously did. If I click the Add Rows button, it will be added to the modifiable list, but when I change and save it, it is not saved.

Additionally, if I try to create a new override, I click the Add Rows button, type in my language string and associated value, then save it. But it is not saved.

Joomla is up-to-date as of today and all CB items are updated to the most recent nightly updates. I am using Safari browser version 14.0.1

I tried with Firefox and it was the same...

Update: It works as it should maybe 1 out of 10 times, and it seems to have more problems on the Japanese overrides side than on the English side
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by boyjahq.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 10 months ago #321766 by krileon
How many overrides do you have? You maybe hitting POST input limits. I'm having none of the issues you've described, but it does start to have problems once you've too many overrides. Please keep in mind overrides are not meant to be used to translate an entire language.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• boyjahq
  • boyjahq
3 years 10 months ago #321782 by boyjahq
Japanese side has 156 overrides

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 10 months ago #321791 by krileon
That's likely too many. It's 2 inputs per override. So you've 312 being processed by our repeat JS and sent through POST. Overrides are not meant to be used to translate an entire language. I highly recommend contributing to the languages translation project on Transifex instead of trying to translate it entirely with overrides. See our localization page below on how to contribute.

www.joomlapolis.com/localization

We won't be able to fix issues like this until we redesign language overrides to be database stored. Your alternative approach is to add new overrides exclusively in the PHP file found below.

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/LANGUAGE/override.php

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

• boyjahq
  • boyjahq
3 years 10 months ago #321905 by boyjahq

Your alternative approach is to add new overrides exclusively in the PHP file found below.

Is there a limit to the number of overrides I can add directly to the override.php file?

(UGH! Flood protection! Is that really an issue? Can't it be disabled for logged in members?)

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 10 months ago #321914 by krileon

Is there a limit to the number of overrides I can add directly to the override.php file?

No.

(UGH! Flood protection! Is that really an issue? Can't it be disabled for logged in members?)

No, Kunena doesn't allow for us to do that and it's necessary to help against spam.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon