Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Title of some CB menu links?

• ericmuc
  • ericmuc
  • Add-ons
3 years 10 months ago #321787 by ericmuc
Title of some CB menu links? was created by ericmuc
Hi,

During my building up a site with CB I see that some pages have no title (all menu links created with cb plugin links system).
For example Blocked Users have and My Own Groups not (see images of your demo).
I tried to add a title with the Joomla menu link settings, but that doesn't work.
If I change the setting for example to a page using a module with the required settings I get a page title and the CB content of the module below, but if a user has no own groups, the content of the module is empty and don't show "Es gibt keine Gruppen" like with the menu link. So this alternative way has his limits.

Do you have a simple way to add page titles to the menu links done with CB plugin setting?

Thanks, best regards
Eric
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 10 months ago #321794 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Title of some CB menu links?
It depends on what the view is trying to accomplish. As a general rule views that have a table of data or are an edit page will have a title. Content views like All Groups in CB GroupJive or Activity in CB Activity will not as they don't add anything of value to those views. Tables of data and edit pages typically need the title for some descriptive context.

Do you have a simple way to add page titles to the menu links done with CB plugin setting?

No, has to be built into the plugins template unless your Joomla template has a means of forcing the menu "Page Heading" parameter to display. This will likely change significantly in the future since we'll be using Twig as our template engine and be standardizing a lot of frontend views. We'd then ideally not add a page title at all and let Joomla menu items handle it via their "Page Heading" parameter.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ericmuc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon