Skip to Content Skip to Menu

The "Lost password" feature of CB seems not to work properly

3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #322103 by erichburkhard
HI - I am using:

Joomla 3.9.23
CB 2.4.7

While doing some regression tests for my website I ecnountered the following behaviour:

1. I wanted to check if the "Lost Password" feature still works for my new website.

2. I activated the "Lost Password" checkbox, filled out the form, and then I have clicked on "Send Password"

3. The follwing message appears:

....Short translation into german: "The session has been expired or the cookies are not switched on for this browser..."

After "googling" for people with a similar problem I found an article that the "System - Page Cache" plugin (which is activated on my website) might be the problem. And this was true....as soon as I deactivated this plugin, the mentioned behaviour disappeared...

Background Info: The reason why I have activated the "System - Page Cache" plugin was to improve the load-speed of my website..... but maybe this was not a good idea ?!?

So what can I do now? Is it possible to get both? ....a) to increase the page speed and b) to get the "Lost Password" feature work again?

Regards
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by erichburkhard.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 9 months ago #322124 by krileon
Page Cache shouldn't impact CB pages as CB should be clearing that cache automatically, but it's possible a change in Joomla may have broke that functionality. Page caching only works on pages with static content. It does not work on forms where CSRF protection exists because the CSRF token changes on every page view. Page caching also does not work on pages with dynamic content as the cache would constantly be invalid.

If you want to use Page Cache be sure to utilize "Exclude Menu Items" and "Exclude URLs" parameters within the Page Cache plugin to exclude CB pages, any public facing forms you have, etc.. For example in "Exclude URLs" add "com_comprofiler" without quotes on a single line to exclude CB.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon