Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CRISIS! Error: 0 - Call to a member function get() on null

• mikerotec
  • mikerotec
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #322312 by mikerotec
Suddenly getting this error, accessing certain areas of the site ( restricted to our 'Paid" members).

Other "Paid" sections are fine...

I havent changed anything in the settings!

Recently upgraded to 2.4.7+build.2021.01.04.15.02.57.e1fe54f7e

PHP Version 7.4.13

Also one area that should be unrestricted ( public access) is also suddenly giving this error...
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by mikerotec.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 9 months ago #322313 by krileon
What are those certain areas? What are they protected by? For example are those areas Joomla articles protected by CBSubs Content? Please check server error log and see if the full error was logged with callstack. It's incredibly hard, if not impossible, to track down an issue without a callstack or at least some distinguishing information. As it stands you've an issue with ->get being called on a non-object which could be anywhere (we've thousands of calls to ->get).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• mikerotec
  • mikerotec
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #322316 by mikerotec
Hmm.. The areas were protected by CB subs content restriction.
I have poked around some more, and it seems the issue is isolated to a JoomlaTools "DocMan" extension only.
( both protected and non-protected Docman sections were erroring.)

AND the Docman backend ( which we look at maybe once every two years) comes up BLANK (OOPS)

I guess this extension needs an update (checking...)

AND I am guessing it was the PHP update that killed it, rather than the CB update.

Sorry for the panic, closing this
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by mikerotec.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon