Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Subs Menu disappared after update

• pastoweb
  • pastoweb
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #322347 by pastoweb
CB Subs Menu disappared after update was created by pastoweb
Hi, I just upgraded to CB 247 and massively updated all the other plugins. Now the CB subs menu disappeared from the Joomla administration, any suggestion?

It's not displayed even under the plugin submenu
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by pastoweb.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pastoweb
  • pastoweb
3 years 9 months ago #322348 by pastoweb
Replied by pastoweb on topic CB Subs Menu disappared after update
Ok I found the admin menu modul configuration, but having this kind of settings changed upon upgrade without notis is quite disppointing...

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 9 months ago #322349 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Subs Menu disappared after update
Plugin menus are enabled by default. Updating both CB and CBSubs should not result in the menu disappearing unless you've an old install where plugin menus was not enabled by default. There wasn't really a good solution on how to solve those old install problems unless with forced plugin menus enabled for those installs, but ultimately decided that was worse than just letting users turn it on themselves. Sorry for the inconvenience; we'll try to improve how we handle changes like this in the future.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• pastoweb
  • pastoweb
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #322364 by pastoweb
Replied by pastoweb on topic CB Subs Menu disappared after update
Hi thanks for your answer. In my case it wasn't an old install, but it's been anyway a just a small issue. I understand there can be constraints when changing features from older versions, not worth getting crazy with complex solutions that sometimes are worse. Maybe you could add a simple notice upon upgrading, reminding users that this might happen and how to solve? Just my 2 cents, keep on with your great work! ;)
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by pastoweb.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon