Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Disable link function from CB list rows

• boyjahq
  • boyjahq
3 years 8 months ago #322887 by boyjahq
We have a list which includes a column for username. We want to disable the function that makes the entire list row act as a link to the user profile because we routinely copy and paste information from one of the columns of a row, which is very difficult and time consuming when during the process we are taken to the user profile.

We can see that there is a linking parameter for the list "Allow Link to Profile" but if we set it to No, then all ability to go to the profile from the list entry is removed. We just want the Username to be the link to the profile. When "Allow Link to Profile" it set to Yes, then the Username is blue and serves as a link to the profile that does not act in the same way as the row link mechanism (for example, if "Allow Link to Profile" is set to Yes and "Profile Link Target" is set to New Window, this is ignored if we click the Username link which does not open in a new window).

That is what we want but without the entire row serving as a link. We want only the Username to be a clickable link that opens the profile (preferably in a new window, but same window is OK, as long as we can do it without the entire row acting as a link).

How can we achieve this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 8 months ago #322895 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Disable link function from CB list rows
There's no functionality to disable only the row link. That parameter will disable all profile links.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon