Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Moving members to a specific group if expired or unsubscribed

• AlexRag
  • AlexRag
3 years 8 months ago #322923 by AlexRag
I'm pretty sure this is possible, but how can I move a user to a specific group if the membership either a) expires or b) unsubscribes?

From what I can see members get when manually unsubscribed get sent into the default "Registered" user group. (I assume the same happens if the plan expires)

Speaking of expires & unsubscribed, are they in terms of access the same thing? The reason I ask is that if as an admin I want to manually move a member into another plan it only seems to indicate "Subscribe" which makes sense. From my understanding even if I manually subscribe someone, and their membership lapses, it expires, where all the the expiration settings do their magic.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 8 months ago #322930 by krileon

I'm pretty sure this is possible, but how can I move a user to a specific group if the membership either a) expires or b) unsubscribes?

You can use CB Auto Actions for advanced management of usergroups based off subscription. See the below on how to act on subscription status change with CB Auto Actions.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/277-cb-paid-subscriptions-support/243136-oncpayuserstatechange-is-firing-before-cb-fields-integration#321262

This can work basically with nearly every action type. So in your case you'd use the Usergroup action type.

Speaking of expires & unsubscribed, are they in terms of access the same thing?

Yes, any state other than Active will not provide access that the plan provides.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• AlexRag
  • AlexRag
3 years 8 months ago #322943 by AlexRag
Awesome. I will give this a go!

If there is no auto special auto action is the normal process that an unsubscribed or expired user get "kicked out" of the group that was set in the plan to the default "Registered" group set up in Joomla? If so, what would happen if that group was removed?

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 8 months ago #322949 by krileon

If so, what would happen if that group was removed?

You mean what would happen if they had no user group? Their account would fail to function. They should always be at minimum set to Registered.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• AlexRag
  • AlexRag
3 years 8 months ago #322953 by AlexRag
Sorry, I meant is the "Registered" group that Joomla adds when its installed is deleted, what would happen to a user is their plan expires?

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 8 months ago #322979 by krileon
Sorry, I don't understand what you're asking. The user should always have the Registered user group at minimum unless they have a user group with higher permissions.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon