Skip to Content Skip to Menu

How to hide "Connections Menu Link" for free registered users (Canvas Menu)

• AlexRag
  • AlexRag
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #322924 by AlexRag
I have created a "Free Registered" User Group as well as a "Paid Member" User Group. I only want the Paid Member Group to have access to any of the Connection features.

I figured out how to hide the Connections Tab (CB Connections) - set to "Paid Member Group" level. But then I saw that if I simply make the CB Connections plugin itself set to "Paid Member Group" level it hid the tab as well. Though I am not sure if this means no other higher level can access.

I can't seem to figure out how to hide or not make available the Connections menu option next to the edit profile menu (Canvas Menu position). Is this something that I would need to set on a per Plan basis possibly?

Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by AlexRag.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 8 months ago #322931 by krileon
You'd need to use CSS to do that. In the future we won't have that menu anymore as we're going to completely remove CB Menu. The below CSS can hide that. If you need it conditioned based off viewing users usergroup you'd need to use CB Auto Actions and a Code action for conditional CSS.

Code:
.cbMenu_UE_MENU_CONNECTIONS { display: none !important; }

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• AlexRag
  • AlexRag
3 years 8 months ago #322944 by AlexRag
Thanks Kyle.

Even if the menu is there, does setting the CB Connections access to the paid member group prevent the non member from using connections (i.e. returns a "no access to resource message"? (Just trying to determine if I need to change the CB Connections access level

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 8 months ago #322950 by krileon
No, connections functionality does not depend on the connections plugin. The connections plugin is just responsible for some display aspects and does not control whether connection requests can be sent or not. There is no ACL for connections at this time. You'd have to try and block that behavior using CB Auto Actions using onBeforeAddConnectionRequest trigger.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlexRag

Moderators: beatnantkrileon