Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Allow choices on Manage Connections screen with multiple requests

• boyjahq
  • boyjahq
3 years 5 months ago #324739 by boyjahq
If a member has multiple connection requests on their Manage Connections page, the user cannot choose to accept or reject just one of them at any given time. It seems the only option is All or Nothing. The user must decide to accept or reject ALL connections requests at one time and then click the Update button. However, SO MANY of our users are telling us that they want the ability to pick and choose which connection requests they will accept or deny at any given time. For example, they want to accept one request immediately but want to think about and investigate the other requests before deciding. Is there any way that we can give our users this more intuitive option for managing their connections?

For example, can we make the Accept and Reject choices actually function as buttons that do exactly what they say without having click the Update button? It would be the same way that those buttons work if the user is actually viewing the profile of a single member that has requested a connection.

Or, is there a way for us to hide or disable the Accept, Reject and Update buttons from the Manage Connections page and then we will put instructions for the user to click on the username of the person who is requesting the connection and then they only make the decision to accept or reject on that persons profile page?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 5 months ago #324743 by krileon
You can add to the instructions on that tab using a language override that they can click on a users profile and accept or reject individually from their profile. That tab is for mass-management of connections. With that said we are planning a full redesign of CB Connections plugin and its features where that will be one of the things redesigned. If you're using CB Activity and are sending the connections notification using CB Auto Actions they can accept/reject directly from the notification as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: boyjahq

• boyjahq
  • boyjahq
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #324749 by boyjahq

krileon wrote: If you're using CB Activity and are sending the connections notification using CB Auto Actions they can accept/reject directly from the notification as well.

How can we include that functionality to accept/reject directly from the notification email? And in that case, is there any way to hide the tab mass-management of connections so we don't have to answer so many complaints from users?
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by boyjahq.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 5 months ago #324751 by krileon

How can we include that functionality to accept/reject directly from the notification email?

You can't.

And in that case, is there any way to hide the tab mass-management of connections so we don't have to answer so many complaints from users?

There's no functionality to disable that tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• boyjahq
  • boyjahq
3 years 5 months ago #324757 by boyjahq

krileon wrote: If you're using CB Activity and are sending the connections notification using CB Auto Actions they can accept/reject directly from the notification as well.

Can you help us to understand what you mean by "they can accept/reject directly from the notification"?

And there is absolutely no way to hide that tab from our members? No CSS method? If not, is there any way that we can create a customized list of users who have requested connection with a specific user? We have replaced so many other aspects of the Activities/Connections system with Auto Actions that create a more suitable approach/outcome for our customers. Is there some way to recreate the most basic aspects of connection requests and responses using Auto Actions that would allow us to hide the existing Connection Management interface entirely? Is there some way to create a basic list of users that have requested connections with a specific user?

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 5 months ago #324758 by krileon

Can you help us to understand what you mean by "they can accept/reject directly from the notification"?

CB Activity provides on-site notifications. CB Auto Actions has system actions for sending such notifications when a connection request is made. That notification has buttons to directly accept or reject the connection request. This is not an email and cannot be done from email.

And there is absolutely no way to hide that tab from our members? No CSS method?

Hiding it with CSS won't adjust the JS behavior of active tab state. You'd have to write CSS to basically get rid of the tabs entirely from that page.

If not, is there any way that we can create a customized list of users who have requested connection with a specific user? We have replaced so many other aspects of the Activities/Connections system with Auto Actions that create a more suitable approach/outcome for our customers. Is there some way to recreate the most basic aspects of connection requests and responses using Auto Actions that would allow us to hide the existing Connection Management interface entirely? Is there some way to create a basic list of users that have requested connections with a specific user?

Out of the box, no. If you want a custom solution you'd have to entirely develop that yourself. You'd need to query for pending connections and write all the HTML yourself.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon