Skip to Content Skip to Menu

User list search disappears after update to 2.6

• dhphllps
  • dhphllps
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #324767 by dhphllps
I have a couple of user lists that have worked as expected until updating CB to 2.6. I've defined the menu items for them as "Show List and Search" (searchmode=2). The list parameters->search are "specific searchable fields," with lastname and firstname selected. Hide Empty Searches and Collapse Search Criteria are both set to No.

These worked correctly until updating to CB 2.6.0, but now the search function does not appear. I just updated to 2.6.0+build.2021.05.13.17.33.00.51951b56d but this didn't change.

I tried search mode=1, to just show the search and it shows "0 members" and still no search function. I do have a WHERE statement for filtering based on most recent login( " `u`.`lastvisitDate` > curdate() - interval 1 year), and that still works correctly.

Has something else changed that I need to update for these lists to work in 2.6?

UPDATE: Something else is haywire. In User Management, all information shows as expected, but when I click on a name to get the Edit User screen, all that shows is an hr and the required field icon. This is the case for all users. I tried reinstalling the latest build but that didn't fix it, not did any of the various field and database checks under the Tools menu.

J! 3.9.26, php 7.4.19, MySQL 5.6.26
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by dhphllps.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 5 months ago #324775 by krileon
Nothing changed with userlist searching in CB 2.6.0. CB 2.6.0 is mostly just UX improvements. What version did you update from? I suspect your issue has nothing to do with your version. Have you installed anything else recently?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• dhphllps
  • dhphllps
3 years 5 months ago #324780 by dhphllps
Found it! Somehow the Contact Info tab became unpublished.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon