Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Can't access CB configuration panel and update via web only as guest

3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #324850 by schrammelmann
To meet the requirements for the new and upcoming CB versions, I am currently changing my provider.

For testing I installed an akeeba backup there and updated CB to 2.6.0. The test domain is of course a different one. That means the site key from the akeeba backup is wrong.

But I can't correct the site key, because I can't open the CB configuration. The page loads endlessly.

An update of the remaining CB components I can also not easily perform, because I am supposedly not logged in at joomlapolis.com. But I am.

Any idea how I could solve these problems? How can I change the site key without the configuration panel? Where can I find the configuration in the database or file system? I have searched for a long time, but can not find it.
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by schrammelmann.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #324852 by krileon

But I can't correct the site key, because I can't open the CB configuration. The page loads endlessly.

Are you using PHP 8? If so there's a known problem there and a few other places we're preparing to fix in a new build release this week. Dropping down to PHP 7.4 will fix this for now or you can wait for the fix this week.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by krileon.

3 years 5 months ago #324857 by schrammelmann
You are right. However, not PHP 8 was set, but 7.4.16.

After switching to 7.3.27, I was able to open the configuration and correct the site key.
Everything else seems to work with 7.4.16. I was able to perform various updates.

I can only choose between 7.2.34, 7.3.27, 7.4.16 and 8.0.3, so unfortunately other versions I can't test.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 5 months ago #324858 by krileon
The fix will impact all versions of PHP as it's due to how we're checking for available image software (Imagick specifically). If you want to try a quick fix you can make the below changes if you like.

IN: /libraries/CBLib/CBLib/Image/Test.php
Code:
public function Imagick() { try { new Imagine\Imagick\Imagine(); return true; } catch ( Exception $e ) { return false; } catch ( Throwable $e ) { return false; } }
TO:
Code:
public function Imagick() { return false; }

IN: /libraries/CBLib/CBLib/Image/Test.php
Code:
public function Gmagick() { try { new Imagine\Gmagick\Imagine(); return true; } catch ( Exception $e ) { return false; } catch ( Throwable $e ) { return false; } }
TO:
Code:
public function Gmagick() { return false; }

This will force both Imagick and Gmagik support off, but if you're not using either you won't notice a difference with image processing. The fix coming in a build release this week moves the availability check out of the try catch statements which we're using as goofy if else checks, which is not how try catch should be used (my fault!).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: schrammelmann

3 years 5 months ago #324860 by schrammelmann
Perfect! I made the adjustments and it works. Many Thanks!!
I set the post to solved.

Best regards,
Michael
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon