Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Exporting CB Subs Plan subscribed members

• ejde
  • ejde
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #324996 by ejde
Our client would like to be able to generate a CSV list of members of just one of their subscription plans. I am able to sort and display these users in the backend, but when I go to export the CSV file, I do not get names - only member ID numbers, which is pretty useless for them. Perhaps I missed an option somewhere, but it seems whatever I do, I am unable to get this data in the exported file. Further, they would like to have contact information for these user records, and that is similarly not exported from the database.

Is there a method that works?
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [#8540] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 4 months ago #324999 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Exporting CB Subs Plan subscribed members
We don't have custom exporting features like that. Our export/import is just to work with raw database data to be processed externally, backed up, or moved. Since there's no import enabled for CBSubs subscriptions table and is only used for export will review improving what data is exported.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8540

I don't have a solution at this time other than to use something like phpmyadmin and write a database query for exporting whatever data you're needing or using a 3rd party reporting extension that supports custom database queries.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• ejde
  • ejde
3 years 4 months ago #325011 by ejde
Thanks for making it a feature request. I'd really love to see the reporting options beefed up in general. There's SO MUCH data collected and managed by CB Subs, it sure would be nice to have it export into spreadsheet-ready format with all the fields on a given record. For many organizations, it's critical data.

In the meanwhile, is there a 3rd party reporting extension for Joomla! that you might recommend?

• ejde
  • ejde
3 years 4 months ago #325021 by ejde
OK, I've installed Alter Reports, which should be able to generate the report I need as you suggested.

However, I'm having difficulty coming up with the syntax to pull the info I need... I want usernames and other connected contact info in the report. However, the cbsubs_subscriptions table only has a User ID column, and none of the corresponding data connected to those users.

Can you help me to come up with a proper SQL query that will do what I want?

I need username, real name, date of last renewal, email address, mailing address and phone number. Is this possible?

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 4 months ago #325028 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Exporting CB Subs Plan subscribed members
You need to join other tables into your query if you want more information like that. So for example if you the subscription information and the users username then you need to join the _users table which contains the username. Example as follows.

Code:
SELECT u.`username`, s.* FROM `jos_cbsubs_subscriptions` AS s LEFT JOIN `jos_users` AS u ON u.`id` = s.`user_id`

If you need access to CB field data then you need to also join CBs _comprofiler table. Example as follows.

Code:
SELECT u.`username`, c.`firstname`, s.* FROM `jos_cbsubs_subscriptions` AS s LEFT JOIN `jos_users` AS u ON u.`id` = s.`user_id` LEFT JOIN `jos_comprofiler` AS c ON c.`id` = s.`user_id`

Replace jos_ with whatever your database table prefix is.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon