Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Issues with Early Bird promotions

• pastoweb
  • pastoweb
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #326874 by pastoweb
Issues with Early Bird promotions was created by pastoweb
Hi there, I'm strugglin with the configuration of early bird promotions and need some help

On my site, membership plans start from january 1 to december 31, and I have two different membership plans (individual and company)
I want new members to be able to subscribe and active members to renew before the end of the year, with an early bird discount for the next year.

I created two promotions, one for each plan, with identical settings,:
2022 Individual Early Bird
2022 Company Early bird
See attached files for my basic and advanced configuration

Now I'm having some problems.
For New registrations and upgrades:
- The "individual plan" promotion is not showing up in frontend
- Promotion message is showing current year instead of next year

For renewals, the discounted price is not applied
See attached screenshot for membership renewal and upgrade options on the user side.

Could you advice the correct configuration to make this work?
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by pastoweb.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pastoweb
  • pastoweb
2 years 11 months ago #326875 by pastoweb
Replied by pastoweb on topic Issues with Early Bird promotions
I can provide backed access if needed

• pastoweb
  • pastoweb
2 years 11 months ago #326876 by pastoweb
Ok I found out most of the configurations... please consider writing some tutorial about this feature wich is really powerful but may be tricky to set up.

The only issue remainins is the renewal button not showing the discounted price: I saw that the discount is then correctly added in the order page, but the wrong price on the button could be confusing for the users

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 11 months ago #326882 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Issues with Early Bird promotions

The only issue remainins is the renewal button not showing the discounted price: I saw that the discount is then correctly added in the order page, but the wrong price on the button could be confusing for the users

You can override the price display of your plan from the Display tab within your promotion. By default it does not override price displays. The below should work.

Override plans display: Yes, display plans differently as follows:
Display price: Automatic sale display: Strike-through regular price with "SALE!" display of new price

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• pastoweb
  • pastoweb
2 years 11 months ago #326912 by pastoweb
Thanks, that's exactly my configuration
As shown in my previous attachement it works for upgrades, but not for renewals

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 11 months ago #326913 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Issues with Early Bird promotions
Strange, seams to be working fine in my tests for renewals. Do you have any conditions configured for the promotion? If so it might need basket data to check the conditions so it won't apply until in basket. Looks like the screenshots shown are for the company promotion, but your renewal is for the individual plan. Do you have an individual plan promotion as well?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon