Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Packager

• galanopd
  • galanopd
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #326951 by galanopd
Packager was created by galanopd
Does Packager works like eDocman or is it only for uploading and downloading packages?

1. Can each user upload files with a private id so others do not see? In my case all users will have to upload files, so I need to restrict access only to the uploader.

2. Are all files from all users saved in a single common folder?

3. Is it possible to auto create personal folder upon user registration? This way, each user will be able to store the documents in a personal folder. Also, do you think that such tactic is efficient or it will end up having thousands of folders depending on the number of users?

4.The folder structure follows the user level structure (ACL). Therefore for each user level there is a folder. All users of the same level can save files in the folder of their level and each file has an id so only the uploader can view the file. The question here is, what happens if a user changes his level to a lower level? Will he has access to his files that will remain in the higher level? Normally he won't as he will not have access by the ACL. How do we make files follow the user level? What do you suggest?
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by galanopd.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• beat
  • beat
2 years 11 months ago #326963 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Packager

galanopd wrote: Does Packager works like eDocman or is it only for uploading and downloading packages?

1. Can each user upload files with a private id so others do not see? In my case all users will have to upload files, so I need to restrict access only to the uploader.

2. Are all files from all users saved in a single common folder?

3. Is it possible to auto create personal folder upon user registration? This way, each user will be able to store the documents in a personal folder. Also, do you think that such tactic is efficient or it will end up having thousands of folders depending on the number of users?

4.The folder structure follows the user level structure (ACL). Therefore for each user level there is a folder. All users of the same level can save files in the folder of their level and each file has an id so only the uploader can view the file. The question here is, what happens if a user changes his level to a lower level? Will he has access to his files that will remain in the higher level? Normally he won't as he will not have access by the ACL. How do we make files follow the user level? What do you suggest?

What you are looking for is either CB Gallery, which can handle user files too and checkmarks most of your requests:
www.joomlapolis.com/addons/cb-gallery

or/and CB GroupJile with CB GroupJive Files sub-plugin that handles groups files:
www.joomlapolis.com/addons/cb-groupjive

1. yes

2. yes, with sub-folder per user and media-type: e.g. "images/comprofiler/plug_cbgallery/USER-ID/files/"

3. yes, folders are created at first user upload.

4. probably, not sure to understand your request, but if you want groups to organize, with their galleries I recommend CB GroupJive, together with CB GroupJive Files sub-plugin.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: galanopd

• galanopd
  • galanopd
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #326973 by galanopd
Replied by galanopd on topic Packager
Thank you Beat

I will see CB GroupJive and follow your instructions to check if it works for me.
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by galanopd.

• beat
  • beat
2 years 11 months ago #326978 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Packager
You are welcome, you can install CB GroupJive and CB GroupJive Files (CB Plugins) from CB->Plugins->Install & Update, then enable them from CB Plugins.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: galanopd

Moderators: beatnantkrileon