Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Group Auto Join Fields not appearing on registration forms

2 years 10 months ago #327495 by MarlonFungai
I have been trying to get my group auto join fields to work on the registration form so that people can choose what group they are in when they sign up but no matter what I do the fields do not show on the form. What could be the problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 10 months ago #327497 by krileon
Ensure the field is published and set to display on registration. Next ensure CB GroupJive itself is public and published in CB > Plugin Management. The final check of that is to be sure you've published groups in published categories so they've something to select.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 10 months ago #327500 by MarlonFungai
I can confirm I have rechecked all of those conditions and they are met but the fields are still not showing. From what I can tell it is only the single and multi select group auto join field types that are affected. Any other field type I create appears in the registration form.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #327508 by krileon
Works perfectly fine in my tests. See the below screenshot of it working fine.

Note groups of type Private will not available in that dropdown. You cannot auto join into Private groups. Access checks on group categories are also still applied.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by krileon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MarlonFungai

Moderators: beatnantkrileon