Skip to Content Skip to Menu

How to establish 'H1' and 'H2' tags for CB extension pages

2 years 9 months ago #327717 by erichburkhard
Hi - In order to establish 'SEO' for my website I installed an extension (Name: JSitemap Pro). By the help of this extension I am capable of setting the 'H1' and 'H2' Tags as well of all crawlable urls of my website .... this worked for most of my urls...

but for the following 'crawled url'

*/cb-forgot-login
*/cb-login
*/cb-registration

this extension could not access the 'H1' and 'H2' tags..... (see red message: Both tags H1 and H2 missing)

As a next step I have written to the developer ot this SEO extension and he told me the following:

Hi,

it means that for those pages H1/H2/H3 tags are missing.

This depends on the extension used for a given page or the template itself.

There are certain extensions or templates that don't add these tags.

In this case you should investigate further to understand if and how it's possible to have H1/H2/H3 tags for these pages, either through a component settings or template overrides.

JSitemap can only edit a tag if present, not possible to edit or add it if not present.

So my question is: Is it possible to establish somehow these 'H1' und 'H2' tags for the mentioned CB URLs?

regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 9 months ago #327737 by krileon
All 3 of those pages have H3 tags. For forgot login it's the "Lost your Username or your Password ?" text. For the login page it's whatever your module title is. For the registration page it's the "Join us!" text.

You don't need a 3rd party extension to change their text and I don't recommend using a 3rd party extension to change their text. For registration and forgot login text you can use the language override functionality shown below.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

For login page simply change the title of your login module.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 9 months ago #327785 by erichburkhard
Hi - yes the H3 tag is available ... this is correct (see also my screen dump) ... and I do not want to override the H3 tag ..... But as it looks the H1 and H2 tags are not available ..... I just wanted to set H1 and H2 because I think this is important for SEO ... or is there a reason why there are no H1 and no H2 tags?

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #327791 by krileon
We don't use H1 because that's usually set by the template already and the old school practice was "only 1 H1 per page", which no longer matters today though (as long as they don't break order; e.g. don't have H1 > H2 > H1, but H1 > H1 is ok). We don't use H2 because a lot of our content is mixed content and H2 was often already set (again, old school practice here where it doesn't really matter). Sometimes things are output on same pages as Joomla articles which use H2 and have higher priority. You don't want an H1 coming after an H2 or H3, etc.. Thus we use H3, same as modules. This is perfectly fine for SEO and there is no real reason to change them as it has little to no impact on SEO rankings today.

For best SEO it's more important to have proper metadata for your pages. Ensure all your menu items and Joomla articles have solid meta descriptions, meta keywords, and browser page title (Joomla sets this to <title>). To improve it further you'll need a Joomla extension that lets you set more metadata like opengraph tags (lets your links share nicely on social media), JSON-LD structured data (this replaces most SEO measures; a must have IMO), etc.. We're creating an extension to provide exactly that this year as per our 2022 roadmap blog.

JSON-LD structured data is more important than anything else though. It describes the page entirely in a fast format easily parsed by web crawlers. It doesn't depend on page structure either. Below describes how it works, but Joomla doesn't support this out of the box in JSON-LD format (J3 and J4 sets some element attributes for articles using older methods).

developers.google.com/search/docs/advanced/structured-data/intro-structured-data

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by krileon.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon