Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] track email clicks to user

• bizguy
  • bizguy
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #327723 by bizguy
[SOLVED] track email clicks to user was created by bizguy
Just wondering if there is a simple way to track clicks on Contact User, and then report on hits by user?
I was thinking maybe an AutoAction that incremented a counter in the user profile, then a simple list that displays the user and email hits. Is there something that exists already?
Thanks,
Ed
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bizguy
  • bizguy
2 years 9 months ago #327724 by bizguy
Replied by bizguy on topic track email clicks to user
How do I configure the AutoAction to apply the counter increment to the user receiving the email as opposed to the user/public sending the email?

Trigger: OnBeforeEmailUser
Type: Field
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions: none

Field: cb_directory_email_count (Interger field)
Operator: Add (Field = Field + Value)
Value: 1
Translate Value: No
Save Directly: Yes

Uses: 0 Forever

Thanks

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 9 months ago #327738 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic track email clicks to user
Do you mean you want to track hits to profile page? That's already included with CB using the hits field in CB > Field Management. Ensure "Record Views" within CB > Configuration > User Profile is set to "Yes" and hits will be tracked then you can use that field to display the hits. You can substitute it into emails using [hits] or even filter a userlist on that field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• bizguy
  • bizguy
2 years 9 months ago #327768 by bizguy
Thanks Kyle.

Not clicks to a user profile, I need to track clicks to email the user through the email link in their profile.

The client wants to know how many emails are sent to users through the website.

Thanks.
Ed

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 9 months ago #327770 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic track email clicks to user
Ah, you could create an integer field to hold those email hits. Next use the below auto action.

Global
Triggers: onBeforeEmailUser
Type: Field
User: Manually
User Variable: Variable 2
Action
Field: YOUR_INTEGER_FIELD_HERE
Operator: Add
Value: 1

That should increment the integer field up for the recipient user on email form use. It's important to manually set the user variable to variable 2 instead of automatic as that trigger contains 2 user objects with the first user object being the user sending the email so it'd end up incrementing the field for the sender not the recipient if left as automatic.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bizguy

• bizguy
  • bizguy
2 years 9 months ago #327788 by bizguy
Thanks, Kyle works like a charm.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon