Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Activity link with blank asset forbidden

• activha
  • activha
2 years 8 months ago #328116 by activha
Hello

I'd like to use a link to CB Activity with a blank asset in order to let the plugin affect asset depending upon what is inserted.

However when using a blank asset, the link is not accessible by public group even if I choose so in the menu settings, while with any other asset the link displays correctly.
But in this second case, the asset in the menu setting becomes the asset of all activities added via this link.

How can I display a public link with blank asset ?
I know that there will be no items to display but the page will show modules for explaining things and tease to subscribe

thanks for the help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 8 months ago #328126 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity link with blank asset forbidden
A stream can't have a blank asset. It will be immediately rejected. Suggest linking to a blank Joomla article if you need some sort of explanation page otherwise you'll have to use a dummy asset that doesn't actually exist, but then you're wasting server resources querying for activity that doesn't exist.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• activha
  • activha
2 years 8 months ago #328131 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Activity link with blank asset forbidden
Linking to a blank joomla article will not work as I link to the activity page, unless I use a CB activity module ? is it better ?

I could add a "global" asset, then all activities coming from this page will inherit it ? Is it an issue for later ? CB 6?

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 8 months ago #328134 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity link with blank asset forbidden

I could add a "global" asset, then all activities coming from this page will inherit it ? Is it an issue for later ? CB 6?

You can use whatever asset you want for your stream, but it needs to have an asset of some kind. You cannot render a stream without an asset. That will never be allowed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon