Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Login module

• galanopd
  • galanopd
2 years 8 months ago #328296 by galanopd
Login module was created by galanopd
Hi,

I am trying to use [username] in the Login Pre-text (checked in Post-text too) but it doesn't work. Is this a normal behaviour or a bug?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 8 months ago #328304 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Login module
Login pre-text is the text shown before the login form. This means no one has logged in yet so there's no username to display. Use the logout pre-text to show something before the logout form, which will work since they're logged in now. So yes that's normal behavior.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: galanopd

• galanopd
  • galanopd
2 years 8 months ago #328376 by galanopd
Replied by galanopd on topic Login module
Out of curiosity.

Using a custom Joomla module in userlist and adding [username] , will come up with the displayed user's username although not logged in.
Adding the CB Log in module to the userlist does not produce the same result...

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 8 months ago #328380 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Login module

Using a custom Joomla module in userlist and adding [username] , will come up with the displayed user's username although not logged in.

Custom Joomla module? You mean CB Content Module? Userlist doesn't have a displayed user. It only has a viewing user. Sorry, I've no idea what you're trying to accomplish. If you want to display content based off the displayed user then you need to use the #displayed user parameter value in your substitutions as shown in our tutorial below.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

#displayed however only works in limited locations. Specifically profile edit, profile view, and userlist row.

Adding the CB Log in module to the userlist does not produce the same result...

It won't if you use the pre-login text as I've explained above.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• galanopd
  • galanopd
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #328384 by galanopd
Replied by galanopd on topic Login module

Custom Joomla module? You mean CB Content Module?

No, I mean a custom module but I didn't explain well.
I can use a custom module and then add [username] inside this module.
Then I can have a CB Custom HTML field and use {loadmoduleid x} inside to call the custom Joomla module.
Then load the CB field in the userlist.

In this case I mean that the [username] will display the username for every row that appears which is normal as this is what substitution does.

That is why I asked for the pre-text of the CBLogin module, but anyway your answer is clear that I can't use substitutions in the pre-text area.
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by galanopd.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon