Skip to Content Skip to Menu

hide fields at Registration

• galanopd
  • galanopd
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #328395 by galanopd
hide fields at Registration was created by galanopd
What is the difference between the two?

1. Hide a field by editing the field and using CB Conditional and clicking the registration button
2. Hide a field by using Plans->Workflows->Registration CB Workflows->Hides fields at registration

In case 1, I can decide show/hide, is or is not etc.
In case 2, does it hide in reg. and then available everywhere?

Is the difference only based on the fact that case 1 can have various dependencies and case 2 only subscription choice?
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by galanopd.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 8 months ago #328398 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic hide fields at Registration

In case 2, does it hide in reg. and then available everywhere?

Yes, it only hides on registration. To hide on profile view and profile edit exclusively with CBSubs you'd need to use CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection.

Is the difference only based on the fact that case 1 can have various dependencies and case 2 only subscription choice?

CB Conditional is built with the sole purpose of conditioning fields and tabs. It supports unlimited conditions, OR cases, and AND cases. It's significantly more powerful than the CBSubs conditions. So the difference really is just dependent on your needs. Previously CB Conditional couldn't condition against CBSubs plan selection or subscription, but now that it can it's the recommended way to show/hide tabs/fields based off selection and/or subscription.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: galanopd

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon