Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CBSubs plan upgrade options

• activha
  • activha
2 years 1 week ago #331105 by activha
CBSubs plan upgrade options was created by activha
Hello

We have lots of subscribers to a free unlimited plan in CBSubs named plan A

I would like to offer them the ability to subscribe to a paid option either monthly or annually but without leaving plan A which id is used everywhere in our code.

According to your knowledge, how can I do this ? Is it better to make a sub plan ? or simply to use options ?

In the case of options, can I set recurring payments ?

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 1 week ago #331111 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs plan upgrade options
Use non-exclusive parent plans or add the paid plans as non-exclusive child plans of your free plan. If free and paid plans are parent plans and exclusive then the upgrade behavior will be applied.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• activha
  • activha
2 years 1 week ago #331117 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CBSubs plan upgrade options
Thanks for the tip.

Another question regarding plans :

I'd like to offer the ability to buy credits in already existing plans. For instance the user of a plan A could buy different amounts of credits which will be added to a CB field. He would have the ability to recharge the credit when the field is near 0 (I have a code for increasing decreasing the field). That is not recurring purchases but different ones according to the needs of the user.

Can I achieve this with options ? or several plans ?

I was thinking at Hikashop to sell credits but a solution with CBSubs would be much better

Any idea of how to plan this ?

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 1 week ago #331120 by krileon
Merchandise or donation plan should be sufficient for that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• activha
  • activha
2 years 1 week ago #331122 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CBSubs plan upgrade options
ok cool !
However if I set a merchandise plan with say 1000 € for 1000 credits, i can change the corresponding CB field
But if I would set options or price options with 100 and 10, is there a solution to adapt the corresponding output ie CB field ?
Or is it better to have 3 plans ?
Also what would you consider best for this, donation or merchandise ?

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 1 week ago #331124 by krileon

But if I would set options or price options with 100 and 10, is there a solution to adapt the corresponding output ie CB field ?

CBSubs Options has substitutions available to use in CBSubs integrations to get option selection. These are described under the Integrations > Options > Display tab.

Or is it better to have 3 plans ?

More options = more complexity so it really depends on how well your users can handle the UX. Personally I would use 1 plan.

Also what would you consider best for this, donation or merchandise ?

Depends entirely on the usecase. Merchandise plans have no pricing options unless you use CBSubs Options. Donation plans can easily output static dropdown price selection or an input to specify whatever price they want.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon