Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Field_group rows

• galanopd
  • galanopd
1 year 11 months ago #331402 by galanopd
Field_group rows was created by galanopd
When editing a field_group, even before filling out the empty fields, is it possible that they are not visible but appear only after clicking "add row" (I mean for the 1st row)?
I have another field that updates its value following the number of rows in the field_group but it shows 1 even when the 1st row is empty.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 11 months ago #331407 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Field_group rows
No, 1 row must always exist, but such a feature is planned in a future release at some point.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• galanopd
  • galanopd
1 year 11 months ago #331415 by galanopd
Replied by galanopd on topic Field_group rows
Ok I understand, I will wait then for the future release.
What would you suggest as a workaround in the meantime? Should I condition against empty fields within the field_group?

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 11 months ago #331420 by krileon
There isn't a workaround available. It's designed entirely to always have 1 row. If 1 row doesn't exist then it will create one at any point in its field processing.

I have another field that updates its value following the number of rows in the field_group but it shows 1 even when the 1st row is empty.

This would probably be where I'd implement some kind of solution. For example check if at least 1 field in row 1 has a value. If none do you could bypass whatever behavior you're doing here.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• galanopd
  • galanopd
1 year 11 months ago #331423 by galanopd
Replied by galanopd on topic Field_group rows
I had in mind something like if all fields are empty -1 (which will output 0) and if at least one field has a value then do nothing (which will output 1).
This will work even in the case where the 1st row is filled out and the user accidentaly has clicked "add row" and left empty the second one but it will not work in the case where a user has two or more empty rows (three or more in total)! The button allows a user to add as many empty rows as he wants...

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 11 months ago #331429 by krileon
You would need to process the JSON then and apply whatever rules you need and count the rows yourself.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon