Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Private Messaging sending returns "User does not exist" for valid users

• 3by400Inc
  • 3by400Inc
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #332267 by 3by400Inc
When we try to send a private message to valid users we get an error that reads "User does not exist". We've checked access/permission issues and verified those are appropriate. 

Joomla - 3.10.11
CB - 2.7.4+build.2023.01.04.19.24.22.eeb1d7162
PMS CB plugin - 2.7.4+build.2023.01.04.19.24.22.eeb1d7162
Model - internal

Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by 3by400Inc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 9 months ago #332271 by krileon
The username you entered isn't valid then. You can message by username or by user id.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• 3by400Inc
  • 3by400Inc
1 year 9 months ago #332273 by 3by400Inc
Thanks for your response. But, that is specifically why I included in my topic "When we try to send a private message to valid users" because these are verified valid users, and we were using the correct usernames and even also tried several user ids.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 9 months ago #332275 by krileon
Run CB > Tools > Synchronize Users. If those users don't exist within CB, but exist only in Joomla then that could also cause this issue. Try using the link directly on their profile to message them and see if that works.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 9 months ago #332276 by krileon
Was able to confirm a regression bug.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9100

This is now fixed in latest build release. Please update and should work fine again.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: 3by400Inc

• 3by400Inc
  • 3by400Inc
1 year 9 months ago #332279 by 3by400Inc
I've updated CB to version 2.7.4+build.2023.01.06.15.42.14.5ab050b38

Private message sending is working again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon, Mhairi

Moderators: beatnantkrileon