Skip to Content Skip to Menu

integration with My MAPS LOCATION

• sereniteam
  • sereniteam
1 year 9 months ago #332370 by sereniteam
integration with My MAPS LOCATION was created by sereniteam
As there is no way to get an update of the geomunity plugin for CB, I try to switch to My Maps Location but then there is no way to fetch the required fields to the existing user datas. 

So do you know this application and will you advice a prefered one ? If you have informations about this one can you tell us ? 

Many Thanks 

Vincent

SereniTeam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sereniteam
  • sereniteam
1 year 9 months ago #332377 by sereniteam
Replied by sereniteam on topic integration with My MAPS LOCATION
I test also Hotspots and face the same problem what is the action to to do to set all users on the map ?

Shall I have to configure any component in CB field ?

SereniTeam

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 9 months ago #332380 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic integration with My MAPS LOCATION
We don't have a mapping plugin nor do we have any official integration with any. If you need to push data to another extension (e.g. like when a user registers or updates their profile) you should be able to do so using CB Auto Actions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• sereniteam
  • sereniteam
1 year 9 months ago #332407 by sereniteam
Replied by sereniteam on topic integration with My MAPS LOCATION
I will finally choose HOTSPOTS that look better documented and more reactive. When implementing it on local host via Mamp and updating my proper CB profile I got the following messsage :

Data truncated for column 'latitude' at row 1

Is that because I am on local host or is it due to other reasons ?

Secondly what should be in your opinion the best Auto-action I should select and the appropriate trigger to fetch the specific fields with CB fields whithout waiting the connexion off every registered users? I want to spread this action whitout any action from them.

SereniTeam

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 9 months ago #332408 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic integration with My MAPS LOCATION

I will finally choose HOTSPOTS that look better documented and more reactive. When implementing it on local host via Mamp and updating my proper CB profile I got the following messsage :

Data truncated for column 'latitude' at row 1

Is that because I am on local host or is it due to other reasons ?

It would depend entirely on where that's coming from. CB doesn't have a latitude column and all user created fields are prefixed with cb_ so it's not a field you created. That likely means it's something in Hotspot. That typically happens when more data than what that column can store was sent to it. Maybe there's a parameter that synchronizes CB to Hotspot and you selected the incorrect field for that? Seams to be expecting a latitude.

Secondly what should be in your opinion the best Auto-action I should select and the appropriate trigger to fetch the specific fields with CB fields whithout waiting the connexion off every registered users? I want to spread this action whitout any action from them.

Auto actions are designed to be triggered. If you need to run something against your userbase without a trigger you need to use the Batching feature and run it either manually or via a CRON task. The batching feature lets you run the selected auto actions (leave their triggers as None) against a batch of users.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon