Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Admin Menues for CB and CBSubs disappeared after change of PHP version

1 year 9 months ago #332417 by erichburkhard
Hi
when I opened the backend of my website, I got informed that the actual PHP versioin 7.4.33 ist obsolete .... see screenshot below ...

... so I decided to change my PHP version. The next available version my hoster offers is PHP 8. After the change I opened the backend again ...

As you can see the red Error notice disappeared ..... and also the remaining website seems to work correctly with PHP 8 ..... BUT the admin menus for CB and CB Subs suddenly disappeared ... as you can see in the first screen shot these 2 admin menus are visible with PHP 7.4.33.... and as soon I switch back to PHP 7.4.33 the 2 menus appear correctly at their place ?!?

How is it possible that these 2 menus depend on the php version (I have installed Joomla 3.10.11 and latest CB and CBSubs versions)

regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 9 months ago #332422 by krileon
My guess is an error is happening. Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration then retry and see if any errors output. It could be a 3rd party plugin that's loading in that isn't compatible with PHP 8. The module itself and all our products are PHP 8 ready up to 8.1.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon