Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Conditional visibility issue

• galanopd
  • galanopd
5 months 1 week ago - 5 months 1 week ago #338094 by galanopd
Conditional visibility issue was created by galanopd
I need to have a permanent default value for a field (FieldA).

Here are the settings for FieldA:

Type: CheckBox (Single)
Parameters: Display -> Edit Style -> Buttons
Checked Label: Yes
Unchecked Label: No
Conditional: Field conditional show

When FieldA is initially hidden and only appears based on certain conditions, the "Yes" and "No" options in the profile edit mode appear unselected until one of them is clicked. While this behavior isn't really a problem, it becomes an issue when there's a second field (FieldB) that depends on FieldA.

For example, when the visibility condition of FieldB is linked to the value "1" of FieldA, it doesn't work properly because FieldB remains visible:
- when FieldA is hidden
- when FieldA is shown but the buttons are unselected.

Here are the settings for FieldB:

Type: Text
Conditional: Field conditional show -> FieldA -> Displayed User -> Equal to -> 1

So, I expect FieldB to remain hidden unless FieldA is set to "1" (Yes). However, FieldB remains visible unless "No" is selected on FieldA.

EDIT: When FieldA meets its conditions and becomes visible, FieldB works fine as it is hidden even in the case where FieldA buttons are unselected and becomes visible/hidden when Yes/No clicked. In the case where FieldA becomes hidden, FieldB becomes and remains visible. Maybe I could set the same conditions to FieldB as FieldA but I think that FieldB should be hidden even without conditions (except FieldA value "1") since FieldA is hidden and the only way for FieldB to appear is when FieldA has value "1". Am I wrong?
Last edit: 5 months 1 week ago by galanopd.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 months 1 week ago - 5 months 1 week ago #338096 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Conditional visibility issue
Was able to confirm. Looks like the Yes/No radio input checked state isn't being cleared by CB Conditional. Am working on a fix right now and should be available soon. Basically when Field A is being hidden its checked state isn't cleared and when Field B is checking for its value it sees that it's still checked, but it really isn't.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9419

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 5 months 1 week ago by krileon.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 months 1 week ago #338097 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Conditional visibility issue
Ok, have released a new CB Conditional build release improving Yes/No handling. When it resets the Yes/No buttons it should reset to No being checked now instead of nothing (this matches the server side resetting behavior). Also improved clearing the checked state when Yes is reset. Confirmed condition chaining off a Yes/No being equal to 1 is working.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: galanopd

• galanopd
  • galanopd
5 months 1 week ago - 5 months 1 week ago #338100 by galanopd
Replied by galanopd on topic Conditional visibility issue
New release installed and issue solved.

Thank you
Last edit: 5 months 1 week ago by galanopd.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon