Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Virtuemart plugin after CB 1.2.1 upgrade

• JComeskey
  • JComeskey
15 years 3 months ago #103490 by JComeskey
Virtuemart plugin after CB 1.2.1 upgrade was created by JComeskey
After the recent announcement of security vulnerabilities in CB 1.0 and 1.1, I decided to upgrade a couple of old J1.0.15/VM1.0.15 sites to CB 1.2.1. When I did this, it adversely affected the Virtuemart plugin.

After much searching, I found this post that solved most of my problems:
www.joomlapolis.com/index.php?option=com_joomlaboard&Itemid=38&func=view&catid=64&id=79512

So fabf, if you're still out there, thanks a million! You helped me greatly!

My one remaining problem is that the CB regis form is not displaying on the VM checkout page for non-logged-in users. I have temporarily addressed this by modifying the VM language file to add a link to the CB registration page in the line that says, 'New? Please provide your billing information.' But if anyone knows the proper fix to display the fields on that page, please advise.

Thanks!

RESIST Theocratic Police-State Feudalism!!
The topic has been locked.
  • krileon
  • krileon
15 years 3 months ago #103501 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Virtuemart plugin after CB 1.2.1 upgrade
Hmm, didn't read all of the post, but if all you're wanting is users to sync from 1 database to another I recently released a plugin to do just that for CB and VM. Check downloads link in signature.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
  • JComeskey
  • JComeskey
15 years 3 months ago #103886 by JComeskey
Replied by JComeskey on topic Re:Virtuemart plugin after CB 1.2.1 upgrade
krileon wrote:

Hmm, didn't read all of the post, but if all you're wanting is users to sync from 1 database to another I recently released a plugin to do just that for CB and VM. Check downloads link in signature.

Cool! Is that a Joomla plugin or a CB plugin? (I am assuming CB plugin, based upon the plug_ file prefix.) What are the version compatibilities? (I am hoping to use on some Joomla 1.0 sites with VM 1.0.15.)

Post edited by: JComeskey, at: 2009/07/05 18:22

• JComeskey
  • JComeskey
15 years 3 months ago #103887 by JComeskey
Replied by JComeskey on topic Re:Virtuemart plugin after CB 1.2.1 upgrade
krileon,

I've tried to install this at both a 1.0 and 1.5 site. But both times, I got this error message:

Plugin version (1.4) different from Community Builder version (1.2.1)

• krileon
  • krileon
15 years 3 months ago #103933 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Virtuemart plugin after CB 1.2.1 upgrade
Small XML error, fixed. For future reference do not post bugs or request support for work on my personal site here. I have my own forums for that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
15 years 1 day ago #114563 by InternalWealth
Replied by InternalWealth on topic Re:Virtuemart plugin after CB 1.2.1 upgrade
Beauty!

I'm looking for a way to link CB with Virtuemart as well.

What I'm hoping to achieve is to have CB handle all user info, so that when a new user registers via my CB registration process, they can head over to my Virtuemart shop and make a purchase without having to re-register via Virtuemart.

Would this plugin help me accomplish this???

Thanks!
Glenn
Moderators: beatnantkrileon