Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Intergrate Joomla - AUP - CB - Virtuemart ONE USER

• nickhumph
  • nickhumph
15 years 2 months ago #107175 by nickhumph
Hi there,
OK so basically I want the one account to be intergrated with alphauserpoints, joomla, communitybuilder and virtuemart.

What I can't seem to get working is the CB - VM together. Now i've spent hours searching and trying all these plugins that are suppose to make these two work together but it has come to nothing on my latest versions of joomla 1.5, virtuemart and cb.

The furthest i've gotten was creating an account with the vm login module and my user is recognized on CB, VM, Joomla, AUP but on CB the user is unconfirmed, unpublished.

Anyone have ANY ideas?

Thankyou in advance!
Nick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 1 week ago #113312 by Greg Eales
Hi Nick

I have also been looking for a solution to this.

One option would seem to be the new CB subs component which would subscribe CB suscribers to a VM group.

I also recently found the following new "Virtual Vendor Extension" on the Joomla extensions site.
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension-specific/virtuemart-extensions/8239 . The developers homepage can be found athttp://www.nordmograph.com/downloads/doc_details/40-vmvendor-suite-for-community-builder.html

The combination of the above two items looks like what you are looking for.

I am also wanting to integrate the two systems of VM and CB together and would value your input and comments once you have evaluated my suggestions above.

I am trying to figure out which login system to use as the "master". It seems to me that perhaps using CB as the master would work best as long as it transfers the information appropriately to the other components such as VM.

I hope my suggestion is of use to you and look forward to your reply and comments.

Regards

Greg Eales
Port Elizabeth, South Africa

15 years 1 week ago #113924 by theninjaman
As a solution I have the following:

1. Set the Virtuemart Login module to registered.
2. Have the CB Login pubished as public.

When the user logs in to CB the other module will appear and the user will be shown the "account maintenance area".

You have to run a Cron on the server (or you click the button "syncronize users" in CB/tools) because if a user goes through the VM registration process there is no automatic update to the CB user table.

That means that if the person goes and logs in via CB, they get told the account does not exist.

The problem I have is that if a user goes via the VM registration process, their email address is taken as their profile name when the CB profile is created. That means everyone that goes through VM will have their email address published when their CB account is created.

Anyone got any answers to this last point?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon