Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Rating Field Problem

• Bionix
  • Bionix
15 years 2 months ago #107268 by Bionix
Rating Field Problem was created by Bionix
I've loaded CB Rating Fieldtype Plugin 1.0 RC1. This is a great plugin, but I'm having real speed issues with lots of rating fields?!

I've set up a number of new fields using the 'Stars - My rating' filed type to create a skills list for employees. You know the sort of thing - rate yourself based on different skills - php, html, xml and so on. This worked great when there were only a few skills listed, but as people have suggested more, I am now up to 50 new fields. The problem is that whenever a user goes to their own profile, the page will take several minutes to load completely. The same happens when viewing any other profile, and also when using a list search.

I'm fairly confident that this is due to all the ajax code that is loaded for each page - Is there any way to speed this up?

Joomla 1.5.13
CB 1.2.1
Internet Explorer 7

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• beat
  • beat
15 years 2 months ago #107285 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Rating Field Problem
Wasn't really designed to have 4 dozens of them on a single page :woohoo:

Could certainly be optimized, but would require quite some work, so won't be cheap. If you have budget you can always PM me for a quote.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

• Bionix
  • Bionix
15 years 2 months ago #107431 by Bionix
Replied by Bionix on topic [SOLVED] Re:Rating Field Problem
Ah, ok then maybe I took the 'you can create as many fields as you want' a little too literally ;)

www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/6547/1/

I've reverted back to using radio buttons now, as these give fairly similar functionality for users to update, and searchability can be done for a range, similar to the from-and-to option that the myrating stars had.

The speed of loading a page with 50 or so of these is no problem at all, so this is problem solved for me :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon