Skip to Content Skip to Menu

YouTube button Profilebook

• Delliana
  • Delliana
15 years 1 month ago #108897 by Delliana
YouTube button Profilebook was created by Delliana
Can you tell me how to use the youtube button?
I set the permission to yes but can't seem to get it to embed?
Also how to remove the tooltips?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Delliana
  • Delliana
15 years 1 month ago #109797 by Delliana
Replied by Delliana on topic Re:YouTube button Profilebook
Figures, No Bloody response by now.

• nant
  • nant
15 years 1 month ago #109805 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:YouTube button Profilebook
Delliana wrote:

Figures, No Bloody response by now.

If a post slips through then please send us (Beat or Nant or Krileon) a PM with a URL to the unanswered post.

Things slip by - specially simple things like this one.

I have never tried this before but I just tried to see what the problem was ...

Once the video option is enabled in the profileblog tab in CB Tab Management backend, then you can embed youtube video by using the following tag:

my sample that worked:

and you can see it here:

templates.joomlapolis.com/demo/coolness/cb/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&user=1000&Itemid=20

Post edited by: nant, at: 2009/08/31 23:17

Post edited by: nant, at: 2009/08/31 23:23

Post edited by: nant, at: 2009/09/01 13:05

• Delliana
  • Delliana
15 years 1 month ago #109859 by Delliana
:huh:
Thanks for the answer. I guess my hopes of being able to embed the video and set it to auto play so people can have some semblance of a playlist on their page without me having to pay even More $ for Another product on a cb profile are shot.
And who/ what end users would know that you only copy the "video id" in for God's sake?!
aAnyway, Thanks for the answer.

• Delliana
  • Delliana
15 years 1 month ago #109863 by Delliana
and No, I didn't say these things just because of the youtube plug in. There are many other contributing factors that formed my opinion. Thanks for allowing me my free expression of it.
Language? I was quite appropriate in my choice of language. Is sucks a bad word around here? I think you mean my tone?
It was Nothing personal against you- just a product that is really quite boring to say the least.
Not such a community builder when peoples' (end users)creativity is stifled. Ie things things they can do in most other places like ning, myspace care2, or most any other relatively modern networking platform. The groups function is horrible/missing as well. These are things that should automatically be built in to a product and are Expected as a given as most end users!
But hey I guess enough people like me are desperate enough to even try it in the first place- it's saving grace is that it doesn't have as many errors or bugs as other (joomla) based products. And that is the One thing I appreciate about CB. so sorry for my bad attitude.

Nant wrote:

Of course I don't like your opinion and your language.

I assume that your frusration is because you could not figure out how to get the youtube video embedding to work with the new proflebook.

As I answered here:

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,13/id,109805/ #109805

we try not to let requests slip through and we try to answer each request as time permits.

if you see something that you feel has slipped through (this happens alot with simple stuff or continuous questions on same thread, then please PM us so we can try to help).

I will not edit your post - but I am locking it.

If you want me to edit / change your post feel free to send me a PM.

Community Builder Sucks
Date: 2009/08/31 22:16 By: Delliana Status: CB Doc subscriber
Fresh Joomlapolitan

graphgraph
..and I don't care if you don't like my opinion.
Not listening to users input and request for a quality no hassle product is why it sucks to this day.
I have to say that CB is Pathetic.
The year is 2009. Get with the rest of the world Please.

Post edited by: Delliana, at: 2009/08/31 22:19
Click here to see the profile of this user The topic has been locked.

• nant
  • nant
15 years 1 month ago #109871 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:YouTube button Profilebook
Delliana wrote:

:huh:
Thanks for the answer. I guess my hopes of being able to embed the video and set it to auto play so people can have some semblance of a playlist on their page without me having to pay even More $ for Another product on a cb profile are shot.
And who/ what end users would know that you only copy the "video id" in for God's sake?!
aAnyway, Thanks for the answer.

Well, the video id usage part is common practice in many scripts.

If you hover your mouse over the video label of the video drop down field in the profilebook blog, then you get a nice tooltip that explains this.

Glad that finally, after several posts and bad tone (agree the work sucks might not be foul language - although it is often used this way), you finally state your need.

No, CB Profilebook does not autoplay the videos and cannot be used to embed a playlist.

But now that you have finally expressed yourself properly (even though indirectly) and indicated that you want to have a youtube playlist in your CB profile for your users - and ONLY now, I can help you.

Yes you can do this with our free CB using a combination delimiter field and CB text field.

The CB text field is used by the user to place his playlist id and the delimiter field will play it back.

This is illustrated once again on my profile page on the coolness demo site here:

templates.joomlapolis.com/demo/coolness/cb/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&user=1000&Itemid=20

The fact is that CB is exstremely powerful and flexible, but you must read the documentation, spend some quality time, ask the right questions in the proper tone (to get community assistance) and experiment.

Now please look back at all your posts and show me (because I might have missed it), where you actually stated that you were trying to add a youtube playlist to a CB profile.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon