Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Tab layout and interaction

15 years 1 month ago #109930 by gamecat2300
Tab layout and interaction was created by gamecat2300
Hello

I'm using Community Builder 1.2.1 and Joomla 1.5. Gallery Tab and JoomGallery.

I need to adjust the layout of a users profile view / gallery view so that the "tab" that holds the users gallery navigation resides in a right vertical menu. The content pertaining to each menu item needs to be opened in the left most side. I was looking into opening galleries in iFrames. However I couldn't find much on that.

I'm open to any other options (2Gallery..etc)

Please see this shot of the Comp for reference. Thanks in advance!

www.missingpieceproductions.com/DevComps/page3.html

-=Steve
The topic has been locked.
14 years 9 months ago #121672 by outsourcepro
Replied by outsourcepro on topic Re:Tab layout and interaction
Hello Steve,

I developed a great CB JoomGallery plugin with completely Ajax with alot of features, you can check it our here: CB JoomGallery completely ajax plugin

Let me know if you have any questions relate to the plugin.

Sincerely, Giang

Post edited by: outsourcepro, at: 2010/01/13 18:22

Post edited by: outsourcepro, at: 2010/01/13 18:22
14 years 9 months ago #121931 by gamecat2300
Replied by gamecat2300 on topic Re:Tab layout and interaction
HI

I got the plugin and it is a great improvement! Thank you. I was wondering if you could tell me how to modify it so that it would only output one instance of each users categories. Currently it lists the category per image but we'd like to just see an overview of each category.

=-Steve-=
14 years 9 months ago #121935 by outsourcepro
Hi Steve,
Thank you for getting the plugin. The plugin is open source and it's rather easy to make customization if you want.

So seem you want to only show images for one or some specific categories, correct?

If yes, then you can add a configuration variable at back-end of the plugin to allow admin enter some category ID there (like this: 1, 12, 15). Then in the query to get images, you should filter based on these categories.

Does it make sense?

I can help you to do this if it is confused.

Sincerely, Giang

Post edited by: outsourcepro, at: 2010/01/16 09:33
14 years 9 months ago #121973 by gamecat2300
Replied by gamecat2300 on topic Re:Tab layout and interaction
Hi Giang

Actually I understand that. What I need help with is just showing the text of each category the user has created.

Say a user has created 4 categories... and each category has x amount of pictures.

I would like to just show a list of the categories that user has created. If you can take a moment and view this page:
www.missingpieceproductions.com/ivana

Under portfolio I am having to go in an write in what each category is. What I would love to have happen is for your tab to display one instance (in text) of each category.

Thanks again!

=-Steve-=
14 years 9 months ago #122104 by outsourcepro
Hi Steve,
I understood what you want now.

Thank you for contacting me via Gtalk. This additional feature is added to the plugin on your site as you expect.

Any other peopels interest in this great pluin, just let me know please.

Sincerely, Giang
Moderators: beatnantkrileon