Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Profile book rating

• Mandig
  • Mandig
14 years 11 months ago #115091 by Mandig
Profile book rating was created by Mandig
Hi,

I'd like to know how to let users rate half star in profile boook as they can do in rating field (using the plugin).

Thanks for your help.

Bye

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 11 months ago #115185 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Profile book rating
Can't, it's a completely different field. It does not use the rating field type. I suggest disabling the rating for profilebook and add a rating field to a users profile.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Mandig
  • Mandig
14 years 11 months ago #115186 by Mandig
Replied by Mandig on topic Re:Profile book rating
Well I really liked the possibility to rate a user during a single event (through my way to use profilebook) and have a total rating of the user in the profile heading. Isn't is possible to use the rating field inside profile book instead ?

Thanks for the help

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 11 months ago #115396 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Profile book rating
I suppose you could if the tab allows you to add fields to it you could just add the field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Mandig
  • Mandig
14 years 11 months ago #116643 by Mandig
Krileon,

apart from the rating field, that I understood it can't face to my needs as it is, I'd like to ask you another question regarding the profile book plugin: could it be possible to avoid user from deleting rating other users gave him ?

To be more clear If someone write some offensive contents on my book I want to be able to delete that comment but I don't want the rating to be deleted, otherwise I'm afraid that users will delete all the negative comments in order to always have a good rating.

I don't know if I explained myself but the rating value should become "readable-only" after having been issued.

Let me know if something is not clear and thanks for your help.

Bye

• Mandig
  • Mandig
14 years 11 months ago #116757 by Mandig
Any idea on this ?

Thanks for the help

Moderators: beatnantkrileon