Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Protect fields plugin

14 years 11 months ago #116888 by Viragolion
Protect fields plugin was created by Viragolion
Hello,

i want to protect three fields on the front-end wich have to be editable by an admin trough the front-end also. I'm looking into the protectfields2 plugin, but when i instal this on CB 1.2.1 i run into an error.

On top of my pages i get:

Save

Apply

Close Community Builder Plugin: Edit [ Protect Fields ]
registerFunction( 'onBeforeUserUpdate','protectFields', 'getProtectFieldsTab' ); /** * Protection Tab Class for handling the CB tab api * @package Community Builder * @author JoomlaJoe and Beat */ class getProtectFieldsTab extends cbTabHandler { /** * Constructor */ function getProtectFieldsTab() { $this->cbTabHandler(); } /** * gets object with name, title and table corresponding to a field id * @access private * @param int fieldId * @returns mixed : either object, or null if no match */ function getFieldInfo($protectFieldId) { global $database; if ($protectFieldId == "0"«») return null; $query = "SELECT `name`,`table`,`title`,`type` FROM #__comprofiler_fields WHERE published=1 AND fieldid=".$protectFieldId; $database->setQuery($query); ...... and a lot more of this.....

PHP version: 5.3.0
Joomla! version: Joomla! 1.5.13 Stable

How can i fix this?
Or isn't this plugin compatible with my current CB version?

Post edited by: Viragolion, at: 2009/11/15 13:48

Post edited by: Viragolion, at: 2009/11/15 13:55

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
14 years 11 months ago #116893 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Protect fields plugin
Well, first of all your PHP version (5.3) is not compatible with the current version of CB (CB 1.2.1).

14 years 11 months ago #116902 by Viragolion
Replied by Viragolion on topic Re:Protect fields plugin
I've just "downgraded" to PHP 5.2.9 and it seems to do the job, partialy. Thank you!

Now i'm getting another error:
Fatal error: Call to a member function setQuery() on a non-object in ...\components\com_comprofiler\plugin\user\plug_protectfields\protectFields.php on line 36

Hopefully there is a fix for this also. thank you all in advance.

Martin

UPDATE:
Setting joomla in legacy mode fixes the error. But now the field is protected in the front-end(like it's supposed to). But also when i log in at the front end as an admin.

Post edited by: Viragolion, at: 2009/11/15 18:39

14 years 11 months ago #117009 by Viragolion
Replied by Viragolion on topic Re:Protect fields plugin
Looks like protectfields isn't going to work.
Any other possibilities to protect certain user profile fields from editing through the front-end depending on an acces level (group)they are in?

I would like to add fields wich only moderators or higher can modify.

• Iaky
  • Iaky
14 years 10 months ago #118860 by Iaky
Replied by Iaky on topic Re:Protect fields plugin
Viragolion wrote:

Now i'm getting another error:
Fatal error: Call to a member function setQuery() on a non-object in ...\components\com_comprofiler\plugin\user\plug_protectfields\protectFields.php on line 36

Hopefully there is a fix for this also. thank you all in advance.

Martin

Hi,

I'm getting the exact same error as you do. I send an email to the developer of the plug-in hopefully he'll have good news, if any i'll post it here just incase someone else has the same issue.

Pd: Yeah, from the little i could understand of the code it seems it blocks all access from front-end, but I can't be sure until tryed.

cya

Moderators: beatnantkrileon