Skip to Content Skip to Menu

cb conditions questions & info

14 years 10 months ago #117377 by parapiglia
cb conditions questions & info was created by parapiglia
Hi all,
I tried to have a reply on another thread, but it seems to be abandoned.
Conditions are crucial for my site, so I try to post the same here (hope I do not violate forum rules.).
Anybody tried the cb conditions plug-in from the strange joomlaaaa crew?

Hi Hi!
I spent a lot of time looking for a dynamic field extension for my CB pages, and this "conditions field" plug-in seems to be exactly what I need (apparently the mikkosoft one, didn't work and now isn't downloadable)
BUT...
I were a little bit suspicious about this joomlaaa.com, because of the advs you can see everywhere in the site, but above all because my avira antivir found a couple of dangerous scripts, simply surfing on the demo pages.
Then my associated found some threads on the net about some copyright problems they joomlaaa apparently had with JED:

www.rawdev.net/2009/01/03/about-joomlaaacom/
forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=262&t=357899

So... I still doubt about purchasing this joomlaaa conditions field extension, that is expensive and that in my opinion could give some security problems: in fact the license limitations concern the domain, also... Is it sure that joomlaaa developers won't hake my domain one time they have the site address where the extension is installed? …Dummy worry?

I'd like to know if somebody that installed this before me, reported some hakes or if I am simply paranoid.
And then, last but not least: does it correctly work?

Then I'd like to say something more:
1. It seems that joomlapolitans developers suggested this plug-in… “Politically” speaking, I think that developers that didn't respect joomla community rules, shouldn't be included in respectable developers site like joomlapolis;
2. I started using CB two years ago in lots of sites: it is a great product, guys! But it could be largely better with a dynamic field function, indispensable in a dynamic ajax world.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
14 years 10 months ago #117383 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:cb conditions questions & info
parapiglia wrote:

Then I'd like to say something more:
1. It seems that joomlapolitans developers suggested this plug-in… “Politically” speaking, I think that developers that didn't respect joomla community rules, shouldn't be included in respectable developers site like joomlapolis;

Please show me where you have seen this?
The CB Team has never endorsed a developer - no such process exists.

2. I started using CB two years ago in lots of sites: it is a great product, guys! But it could be largely better with a dynamic field function, indispensable in a dynamic ajax world.

Well, CB has many existing options available but there can never be enough. This is why we have an open api that other developers can use to develop plugins.

Even if people do not have development experience, they can hire developers to do this and hopefully give it back to community as a free GPL contribution.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon