Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Public Email-you are not authorized SOLVED

• jasellyn
  • jasellyn
14 years 8 months ago #123394 by jasellyn
I know this subject has been covered before, and I do apologize if it's already answered--I've scoured the past messages to see if I had missed anything. But I hope that someone will have a fix for this issue or tell me what I did wrong...

I have a public email list (I'm using CB 1.2.1 & Joomla 1.5.15--using the 3PD CB Public Email plugin) which was set up by my users choosing whether they wished to receive Public Email from visitors. The list worked very well for a good long while, and then suddenly, it just stopped and I began to get this notification in the last couple of weeks when a user was chosen to contact by a visitor:

You are not authorized to view this page!

The page is here:

britishhomechildren.org/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userslist&listid=7&Itemid=218

any thoughts would be gratefully received as I'm not a developer, just an old lady going batty trying to figure all this out for a charitable website...

Thank you!!!

Post edited by: jasellyn, at: 2010/02/03 02:00

**NOTE** I wrote directly to the author of the 3PD plugin (CB Public Mail) who, though unsure as to why I was writing, pointed out that it appeared that my permissions in the configuration file in CB were wrong. I checked that and, sure enough, they were set to Registered Users, even though I was sure I had them set to Everybody.

I can't conceive of why the setting changed, other than my ISP had a huge crash and rebuild earlier this week and this was not the only extension through Joomla I had experienced issues with (or maybe I'm just going senile, who knows).

I don't know if this solution will ever help anyone else who experiences this type of error, but at least I have my member email list back!

Post edited by: jasellyn, at: 2010/02/06 17:57

We are all omnibuses in which our ancestors ride, and every now and then one of them sticks his head out and embarrasses us. — Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon