Skip to Content Skip to Menu

SimGallery - advanced portrait control

• jakobe75
  • jakobe75
14 years 8 months ago #124608 by jakobe75
SimGallery - advanced portrait control was created by jakobe75
I just verified that this is present on the SIMgallery public demo as well.
so it may have been something that was overlooked.

This is the issue that needs to be addressed and fixed.
since SIMgallery has the "advanced profile picture" function

SG should have exclusive rights to manage these CB avatars/images.

SG does a good job of providing a nifty profile pic updating tool.

now the issue is that CB still wants to manage these portrait images, and provides a button on the frontend under "edit" called "update your image" and one called "Remove image".

Theses are easy to hide if you are familiar to modify the CB core menu.
but.....

even with it removed form the frontend menu of the profile
there is still a tab in the Edit or Update your profile section called "Portrait".

but there is not one avaiable for

this tab has to be published in order for the portrait/profile pic to show up.

so its not just as easy as unpublishing the tab.
PLUS ...Users NEEED a tab on their edit profile page.

I mean they are in their profile to EDIT it right?
so by unpublishing it completely would leave them scratching their heads saying,
well I can update everything in here but my profile image?

that would not make any sense, all similar updating areas need to be grouped together.
The front end function of SG's profile pic uploader is nice, it just needs to be available on the portrait tab instead of CB's

this give the suser the ability to edit their profile in one shot, they can edit all of their tabs and add a profile pic from the webcam,upload, or an album.

no confusion anymore, and no double duty of two programs fighting for the same rights to manage the image.

possible solution:
SG needs to either tie into this CBcore tab or have it's own tab/plug available for install.

So we can still manage the profile images quickly from the front and manage them when we are updating our entire profile.

this will streamline the SG & CB integration and remove alot of gray areas that users will eventually question.

yes/no?
suggestions?
comments?
Has this already been addressed?

original thread
www.simbunch.com/forum/index.php?f=32&t=2239&rb_v=viewtopic#p6835

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 7 months ago #124968 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:SimGallery - advanced portrait control
SimGallery would need to use CB API to make any changes necessary. What you're wanting is doable with the API; please contact the developers for further implementation as this is not a CB issue, but result of not using CB API. Primary files to review are comprofiler.class.php, plugin.class.php, and plugin.foundation.php. ;)

Thread moved to 3PD.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon