Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Vemod Integration

• Bennate1
  • Bennate1
14 years 7 months ago #127054 by Bennate1
Vemod Integration was created by Bennate1
My site uses Vemod for issuing various newsletters. While Vemod provides a bulk auto registration facility I need to enable a Vemod subscription update if someone updates their email address in their CB Profile. The Vemod forums don't address this. Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bascherz
  • bascherz
14 years 6 months ago #128350 by bascherz
Replied by bascherz on topic Re:Vemod Integration
It would be relatively easy to write a general purpose CB plugin that updates email addresses in any database table you specify (e.g., table,field) in the back end. Would something like this scratch your itch? The interface would be crude, but it would be usable for ANY extension that makes copies of user email addresses into its own tables. I use Vemod also and didn't figure on this being an issue.

Bruce S - Vienna, VA

• bascherz
  • bascherz
14 years 6 months ago #128351 by bascherz
It would be relatively easy to write a general purpose CB plugin that updates email addresses in any database table you specify (e.g., table,field) in the back end. Would something like this scratch your itch? The interface would be crude, but it would be usable for ANY extension that makes copies of user email addresses into its own tables. I use Vemod also and didn't figure on this being an issue.

DANG BROWSER BACK BUTTON MADE A DUPLICATE ENTRY. MODERATOR PLEASE DELETE THIS POST.

Post edited by: bascherz, at: 2010/03/28 18:11

Bruce S - Vienna, VA

• Bennate1
  • Bennate1
14 years 6 months ago #128392 by Bennate1
Replied by Bennate1 on topic Re:Vemod Integration
That would be useful. Look forward to using it.

• bascherz
  • bascherz
14 years 6 months ago #129005 by bascherz
I just looked at the tables for Vemod v1.2.12 and the email addresses are not stored in any of them. It's possible that in the Joomla 1.0.x version they were stored in the _users table. But in this version only the _subs table contains any user information. It consists of two fields: one for the user ID and the other for the subscribed category ID.

So there's really no need for such a utility plugin to deal with Vemod, but it's still worth considering authoring.

Bruce S - Vienna, VA

Moderators: beatnantkrileon