Skip to Content Skip to Menu

google maps multipage CB geocoder plugin issue

14 years 7 months ago #127454 by meyerlt@colorado.edu
google maps multipage CB geocoder plugin issue was created by meyerlt@colorado.edu
Hello all,

i have been looking high and low for any documentation/help with the Google Maps multipage component and specifically the CB geocoder plugin that comes with it.

I have gotten the google map working fine and can even get the markers for the CB users to display when they, (or I) supply the exact Latitude and Longitude. (The trick is to change Geocode Retrieve to no under the map->configuration->advanced menu). But I still cannot get the CB geocoder plugin to use the address, city, state, and zipcode fields to automatically populate the latitude and longitude fields.

Obviously my users do not want to look up the latitude and longitude themselves! Does anyone know how to do this? Please help!

Example:
stuslife.org/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&user=63&Itemid=54

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago #127483 by meyerlt@colorado.edu
Replied by meyerlt@colorado.edu on topic Re:google maps multipage CB geocoder plugin issue
Figured it out... so for the geocoder to work you turn the geocode retrieval to yes and the dynamic xml creation to yes. Then in the geocoder plugin you must specify the actual suffix not the cb column/feild .

14 years 5 months ago #132251 by abhi.v.sathe
Replied by abhi.v.sathe on topic Re:google maps multipage CB geocoder plugin issue
Hiiiii Friend...,,,

can you tell me more about the plugin..
What else other then cb_geocoder plugin you have installed.??
google map content plugin for joomla. you have installed??

tell me about the fields how u have mapped them..
Thank You,
AbhiJiT

14 years 3 months ago #136510 by DominoWebFX
Replied by DominoWebFX on topic Re:google maps multipage CB geocoder plugin issue
meyerlt@colorado.edu wrote:

Figured it out... so for the geocoder to work you turn the geocode retrieval to yes and the dynamic xml creation to yes. Then in the geocoder plugin you must specify the actual suffix not the cb column/feild .

Finding info and support on this is a chore LoL. Anyway, what do you mean by changing the "dynamic xml creation to yes"? Are talking about the XML-Output option on the URL tab?

Also, you state "you must specify the actual suffix not the cb column/field". What do you mean by the suffix?

Thanks,

Mike

14 years 3 months ago #136511 by DominoWebFX
Replied by DominoWebFX on topic Re:google maps multipage CB geocoder plugin issue
Ok, I answered one of my questions and got one thing working. On the CB Plugin I added the suffix for the Google Maps Mulipage plugin which was vision. I re-saved my profile and it populated my cords.

Now when I open the map it focus' on my area but does not show a map marker :angry:

I'm launching the map via a menu item using the Google Maps - Vision type. However, it does not show a marker for me but instead the default markers for area 51 and such. Anyone have any ideas? I'll keep messing with for now.

14 years 3 months ago #136513 by DominoWebFX
Ok, answered own question for a second time now. I had to input a User Category Icon Number on the CB tab in the Google Maps Multipage configuration. Now just have to figure out how to get the rest of markers off of there B)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon